• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Two tone Tag Carrera - a rep?

oyvindgee

Looking Around
29/10/07
I wasn't sure where to post this and figured this section was my safest bet. If it's wrong, I appologize.

Quite some time ago I purchased a genuine two tone(gold and stainless) Tag Carrera from authenticwatches.com. It looks great and I've been happy with it ever since. Today however, someone asked me, "shouldn't the central links be in solid gold?". They are not. The back of the bracelet is all steel. Can anyone tell me if it's supposed to be that way or if I've been ripped off?

gte217e

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/09
I am new here, but if I was in your boat, I would do several things.

1. Look online and compare the watch to images found on official websites (retail jewelry stores, Tag official site, etc).
2. If I am still unsure, I would call Tag to see if there is some way to look up the serial number. Maybe they can track the serial number somehow.
3. Take it to a jewelry store that is an authorized dealer for Tag and get it certified / inspected.
4. If i was still unsure, I'd pick up the yellow pages and dial a psychologist to treat my paranoia.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I´m afraid that you got ripped off.

Can´t tell you for sure, but my guess is that if it is a GEN, it should be solid gold, and have the back of the bracelet TT as well.
The TAG-Heuer S/EL in TT, as far as I remember back in the date, had solid 18k links, even as on all vintages, TAG only uses solid gold links on its TT watches.
...And for every GEN TT Tag I found on the net, the back of the bracelet have solid gold midlinks.

Maybe you could post pictures of the watch, so it would help to find a parameter

This is a Grand Carrera Calibre 6 RS [2008 model]:
tagwav_03.jpg

and here are its Solid 18k Gold links:
tagwav_06.JPG

...as the member above told you, if it´s a GEN, you must be able to check it out by the serial numbers, so as you bought it as a GEN, take it to an AD and check it out. Did it come with the warranty cards, boxes, papers and everything?

Cheers,
Spirit.

oyvindgee

Looking Around
29/10/07
It came with box, booklets and a warranty from authenticwatches.com. They had also issued a CoA, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean much. Anyway, I only had a cell phone camera handy so not the greatest pictures, but if you have comments, please share. And yeah, I know it could use some polishing. :) I think there's an authorized Tag dealer nearby so I should probably ask them anyway.

Tafoto-0091.jpg

Tafoto-0092.jpg

Tafoto-0093.jpg

Sucks big time if I've been screwed over but probably not much I can do about it. Thanks for the help guys!

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
I don’t believe the center links is solid gold. At least not on the Carrera Chronograph Automatic. Not sure but only the outer part of the bracelet contains 14k plated gold. If it was solid gold it think the price would be higher than your average $2000+ for the watch.
Still one heck of a watch.

The link below shows a copy of the gold on the front of the bracelet.

http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/tag-heue ... -1739.html