• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Rolex Submariner Screw In Link Pin

Ed84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/20
UK
Hi guys

Not sure if anyone could help but I’m after the size of the pins for the bracelet on a Noob Sub Date, long shot I know lol thought I would ask before I attempt to remove a pin.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
Thanks mate, so many dimensions online regarding the size of the thread and diameter ill just get a few online and try my luck ????

well, if you are not a total looser lacking any sort of talent for craftsmanship and if you are able to determine a properly sized screwdriver for the job then you should be able to get it done without a replacement need
furthermore, if you can't get it out a spare pin is of no use either so forget about proper size and just do it

as a tip, use of excessive force is contraproductive
if the pin doesn't come out with normal power then it might be glued in and needs some heating of the thread first

keeping fingers crossed and wish you good luck

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
well, if you are not a total looser lacking any sort of talent for craftsmanship and if you are able to determine a properly sized screwdriver for the job then you should be able to get it done without a replacement need
furthermore, if you can't get it out a spare pin is of no use either so forget about proper size and just do it

as a tip, use of excessive force is contraproductive
if the pin doesn't come out with normal power then it might be glued in and needs some heating of the thread first

keeping fingers crossed and wish you good luck

The reason I asked if anyone knew the screw size was so I could purchase some as I need to re add a link to my watch, makes sense ordering the screws first then the I can re add the link all at once, bish bash bosh…
I must not be a total loser after all if I have removed the links in the past ????
Appreciate the advice a hairdryer goes a long way with these stubborn screws lol

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
lol

glad you didn't take my reply too serious

if you just need one spare pin I might have one for you, just give me a PM if you want

Reactions: Ed84

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
lol

glad you didn't take my reply too serious

if you just need one spare pin I might have one for you, just give me a PM if you want

Its all fun and games on here mate ????
Doesn’t help that i have a broken thumb but my craftsmanship skills are still 10/10 haha!
Thanks for the offer - you wouldn’t happen to know the size of it would you lol

schlonz

Renowned Member
Supporter
1/5/16
well
size depends on what kind of bracelet it is

on the Noob V6s bracelet I have it is M1.4x1,7x14mm
on other Sub bracelets I have (ARF, GMF, BP) it is anywhere from 15.5mm to 15.9mm but all of them with M1.4 thread and 1.7mm pin diameter

main differentiator is whether the thread is all the way through the link so you can see the tip of the pin on the threaded side or whether the thread hole doesn't go through
as you can see in the pictures

accordingly, check your bracelet and if you can see the tip of the pin on the threaded side you need M1.4x1.7x14mm (or maybe 15mm)
if you can't you need either a lenght of 15,5 or 15,9mm (or maybe 15mm) lenght depending on the lenght of the thread in the link
having the wrong thread lenght will result in either the pin tip or the screw head sticking out

my advice would be to take one pin out, measure it with a calipher and go from there

Hope this helps

Reactions: Ed84

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
well
size depends on what kind of bracelet it is

on the Noob V6s bracelet I have it is M1.4x1,7x14mm
on other Sub bracelets I have (ARF, GMF, BP) it is anywhere from 15.5mm to 15.9mm but all of them with M1.4 thread and 1.7mm pin diameter

main differentiator is whether the thread is all the way through the link so you can see the tip of the pin on the threaded side or whether the thread hole doesn't go through
as you can see in the pictures

accordingly, check your bracelet and if you can see the tip of the pin on the threaded side you need M1.4x1.7x14mm (or maybe 15mm)
if you can't you need either a lenght of 15,5 or 15,9mm (or maybe 15mm) lenght depending on the lenght of the thread in the link
having the wrong thread lenght will result in either the pin tip or the screw head sticking out

my advice would be to take one pin out, measure it with a calipher and go from there

Hope this helps

Thank you very much for that mate, it is much appreciated! I have popped one out as you say they can all differ so much!
Ill get my hands on a caliper this week and give it a proper measure.
Ill buy an assorted set of screw pins also.
Thanks again mate for explaining everything

3d2690a4b8d82522bd5d3c1c5939944e.jpg

Ed84

29/4/20
UK
Pretty sure the S15 variant will be fine ????
Thanks again