• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does Rolex even make this DSSD , or is it a fantasy watch?

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Watcheden has this for sale in our vip vault section. $159
don't really like the black center links myself, kinda cheapy looking.
pretty sure this is fantasy.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
I believe this is a fantasy with the black mid-links on the bracelet. Other than that the watch itself is the standard DSSD rep as far as I can tell.

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
Watcheden has this for sale in our vip vault section. $159
don't really like the black center links myself, kinda cheapy looking.
pretty sure this is fantasy.

If you look at the 2 watches, i think that are different. Just look at the insert and pearl . totally different.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
I saw nothing in the Rolex Baselworld Press Kit regarding a new bracelet option. The official Rolex site also does not mention this bracelet option.

Reminds me of this one:
longines_admiral_2.jpg

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
interesting piece, the pearl is totally different than anything else out there right now and ceramic inserts on the bracelet? cool...somebody buy one!

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The youtube seller definitely has a source that seems independent of our regular trusted dealers. I'm very curious where his are made.

DoodyHead

Known Member
20/4/11
The Youtube seller just uploaded a new video this morning.
I really like the looks of this. I dont know movement or price yet.
What do you guys think of it??
Paging ThinkBachs!.........Is there a ThinkBachs in the house??

http://www.youtube.com/user/watchcollecterhk?feature=uploademail_ch

I could be wrong but I think all PVD watches are aftermarket mod's I don't find them on the ROLEX website.

The youtube seller definitely has a source that seems independent of our regular trusted dealers. I'm very curious where his are made.

I think that's true but his stuff appears to be high quality - I emailed him he swears he only uses REAL swiss ETA's - I would love to see one in person. His pearls are also perfectly centered.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
This is the winner of the Crappiest Crapper Crap Rolex DSSD's. Saying this is a crappy watch is an insult to crap, which at least is useful for many things.

crap-dssd-1.jpg

Awesome bracelet! This gap is intentional, and meant to be worn by very hairy men who often find that their arm hair gets caught between links. Problem solved! This scientific break through in watch bracelet technology has the added benefit of allowing your wrist to breath. Many strap mfr's have added holes to their straps to accomplish this, but the sweat pores to metal contact ratio has been carefully designed for maximum exposure.

crap-dssd-2.jpg

Ever find that the inner caseback on your DSSD fit properly, meaning you can't take water samples home from the local swimin' hole for analysis? Worry no further! This DSSD is capable of discreetly capturing those samples to be studied later- without alarming the locals of your concern for contaminates! (Test tubes, slides, stains and microscope not included).

crap-dssd-3.jpg

The normal sized font on a Rolex bezel insert means you can read it at arms length- how can you look cool just glancing down at your watch? This watch has just the fix! Now, to read the bezel insert numbers, you must raise your arm closer to your face and move it around to see these nice thin markings- just like a real watch model! Raise your eyebrow while trying to read this and girls will notice you from a mile away! Make sure you have a nice thick notepad with you because you'll be taking numbers all summer long!

Tired of having the same thing that everyone else does? This watch has it's own custom date wheel font! Yes, now you have a font that will keep people guessing. In fact, you can name it after yourself! Imagine how impressed people will be (and I mean girls!) when you tell them you had a special custom date wheel installed with a font named after you! Just imagine the stories you can come up with to explain it. Now you're going to need 2 note pads!

The best part? Well, the best part is the story you can tell about how you punched Chuck Norris soooooooooooo hard, the it made the 10 on the bezel insert slide and the RINGLOCK engraving go all wonky! Yes! The internet will fill with great one liners all about YOU from now on- and Chuck Norris will slink off into the darkness as you take over as the new world tough guy! Forget the notepads, you're going to need a stenographer!

Awesome.

john442

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/4/10
The Cold Canadian North
And that, boys & girls of the Class............................Is why ThinkBachs is the go-to DSSD guy around here!
Love it, great stuff!
I will forget this crap watch and wait on your beauty 2-tone Deep Sea Hunter creation to take its rightfull place next to my BK DSSD.
Thanks
John442