• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie Land - Questions for the person who is looking to buy their first rep

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
@dave180
I do believe you are just regurgitating snippets of things you read on the internet and not quoting actual facts on how things work, you’re trying to talk about this hobby like you are very experienced yet sounding like you don’t know very much at the same time. You’re getting teased by some of most known and knowledgable members here that should tell you something.

Last edited:

dave180

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/1/23
usa
@dave180
I do believe you are just regurgitating snippets of things you read on the internet and not quoting actual facts on how things work, you’re trying to talk about this hobby like you are very experienced yet sounding like you don’t know very much at the same time. You’re getting teased by some of most known and knowledgable members here that should tell you something.
i never said i was an expert, of curse some people here know much more then me, I'm sending things back and forth from and to Germany for almost then 20 years now, things tend to cost a more in Germany, besides the fact that some electronics won't work because the 220v i sent a lot of stuff during the years, how would someone know about the customs evaluation thing for example? i didnt read that anywhere, comes from experience

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
@Feefo don't be freaking me out with curses bro…..
Martin Lawrence Halloween GIF by Martin

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I love these crazy threads , they break up my reading , and there's not enough of them on here anymore . The crazy posters like Dave who's knowledge of watches both gen/replica could be written on a matchbox . Yet he continues to debate and pontificate with anybody and everybody , while passing out his wisdom to all . For affect he adds in some complete and utter lies about going into a Patek AD with a fake watch, and being on the waiting list for a gen watch . Then there is the original poster who has been on here since 2011 , who still thinks Noob makes the best Rolex replicas , and still doesn't know how to contact a TD or pay for all a watch ' but is willing to work with them for a watch from heaven '. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I'm still doing all my noob due dilligence, reading thread after thread, but this is exactly the kind of "too good to be true" type of find that makes it really hard to be patient before pulling the trigger on a rep buy.....
To be honest with you that watch is a complete 'shitter' .

Reactions: TESLA760 and eBoy

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
I love these crazy threads , they break up my reading , and there's not enough of them on here anymore . The crazy posters like Dave who's knowledge of watches both gen/replica could be written on a matchbox . Yet he continues to debate and pontificate with anybody and everybody , while passing out his wisdom to all . For affect he adds in some complete and utter lies about going into a Patek AD with a fake watch, and being on the waiting list for a gen watch . Then there is the original poster who has been on here since 2011 , who still thinks Noob makes the best Rolex replicas , and still doesn't know how to contact a TD or pay for all a watch ' but is willing to work with them for a watch from heaven '. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welcome to the weird part of RWI! 😁😂
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Welcome to the weird part of RWI! 😁😂
Go Crazy Wtf GIF
I'm well acqainted with the weird part of RWI, there has been just not enough of it recently :cool: Still my favourite brush with it , the poster who claimed he was the head of a UK crime syndicate . He was offended at a comment i made , and if i didn't make a public forum apology he was going to send some gangster/criminal associates to sort me out . He sent me a series of increasingly incoherent PM's apparently he was a very wealthy crime boss and sent me a picture of his '1 series BMW ' to emphasise the point :ROFLMAO: . At one point he was on a train ( in the early hours while no trains were running :ROFLMAO: ) to a traveller ( Gypsy ) site where he would meet me for a straightner . TBF it whiled away a couple of hours, but he eventually disappeared i suspect in a drunken stupor never to return again :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh and he had only been on the site hours , i still miss the guy .

• Haha
Reactions: Explorrertime

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Good lawd, a crime syndicate boss? Sounds like a massive...
excited genius GIF

😆😆😂
He must be one of those very intimidating bathroom-selfie "gangstas", I'm certain:
Gangster GIF

• Haha
Reactions: rolex4me

eddieo

lifelong Masshole
Certified
7/3/23
Massachusetts
To be honest with you that watch is a complete 'shitter' .
thanks; @dave180 did already tell me that, albeit more diplomatically. I imagine we all found our way to this forum for the same reasons and it stands to reason that the newest among us are gonna ask some dumbass questions. I've read so many stickies that my eyes are crossing, and most of them are so old the image links are expired, recommended TDs are out of business, and seemingly knowledgeable and helpful members are now banned. on the handful of forums I'm on where I might actually know something (automotive, mostly), I don't think I'd open a thread titled "newbie land questions...." unless I wanted to be helpful, but I certainly did spend a few years telling new members to STFF or RTFM.

BTW, I'm off the shitter watch and now closest to this one from InTime, sourced from VSF for $500 and change....

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
thanks; @dave180 did already tell me that, albeit more diplomatically. I imagine we all found our way to this forum for the same reasons and it stands to reason that the newest among us are gonna ask some dumbass questions. I've read so many stickies that my eyes are crossing, and most of them are so old the image links are expired, recommended TDs are out of business, and seemingly knowledgeable and helpful members are now banned. on the handful of forums I'm on where I might actually know something (automotive, mostly), I don't think I'd open a thread titled "newbie land questions...." unless I wanted to be helpful, but I certainly did spend a few years telling new members to STFF or RTFM.

BTW, I'm off the shitter watch and now closest to this one from InTime, sourced from VSF for $500 and change....

It's not rocket science.

Let's say you want to know who to place an order from. There is a Trusted Dealer's section.

Have a question about Rolex models ? Guess what ? There's a Rolex section. People post regularly in there. You can browse down every thread and consume a plethora of information till your eyes bleed.

There is a weekly wristie thread that gets updated daily by members showing what they are wearing. Anyone with 20/20 vision can look through that and absorb the quality of different model watches being worn.

The forum has so much information that it's insulting when people don't take advantage of the threads made by other members.

Reactions: eBoy

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

So no need to be passive agressive my comment wasn't a personal attack .I wasn't telling to STFF or RTFM . The term ' it's a shitter' is a reference to a well known watch Youtuber Archie Luxury . It was meant as an in joke . If you check the 'Trusted Dealer' section at the top of any page on this forum the information is up to date as are the links at least email details . Also non of the 'helpful ' members aren't banned from the forum , only very very tiresome morons , and swindlers . The best and most knowledgeable members are still around on the forum , they're the ones i pay attention to .

Reactions: TESLA760

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk

Sorry that’s not much better just more expensive
A 116619lb dial is not sunburst, it’s flat blue.

But seems you posted the wrong link

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
sunburst?? looks blue to me. InTime didn't have another link; they just offered to source the watch from VSF.

You mean you can’t tell the dial looks nothing like genuine? Actually I think Rolex refer to that dial finish as sigma. It should be flat gloss blue. The sigma dial was used on the earlier 5 digit bi metal subs or the 126613lb
The vsf one should look better than that BP though, that’s horrific. The dial is a totally different Color from the bezel insert.

I mean…

Last edited: