• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie Land - Questions for the person who is looking to buy their first rep

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
From my experience (with some exceptions) if a rep is less then $300 it's not grate, easily spotted, I walked in with a modified $500 3KF with green Dial to a Patek authorized dealer and everyone complemented me, was able to get in a waiting list for a blue Dial 5726, now of course if I took it off or one of their watch technicians looked at it closely they would prob know immediately, but that's the power of a good replica, with the right car and clothes it can be a great power, can be used to make connections and open doors for you, invest a few hundreds on a good rep you won't regret it
Huh? You did what?????

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Poor @dave180, I think...

comics cheese GIF by Hyper RPG

😆

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Can't believe I missed the "grate" part. Mental note: read more carefully and switch on the BS detector....

Reactions: dave180

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
the metal they use, its usually 316L that i, and most watch guys can spot from about 10 feet away

Really? When the rep factories started producing 904L the forum went crazy over it and everyone was trying to figure out if it was true and they had heaps of macro shots and barely anyone could tell a thing.

Maybe your comparing a high quality rep to a lower tier one with less detail in the finishing

But when you put a noob v7/v8 beside an Arf sub at the time nobody could tell the metals apart with the naked eye.

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Really? When the rep factories started producing 904L the forum went crazy over it and everyone was trying to figure out if it was true and they had heaps of macro shots and barely anyone could tell a thing.

Maybe your comparing a high quality rep to a lower tier one with less detail in the finishing

But when you put a noob v7/v8 beside an Arf sun at the time nobody could tell the metals apart with the naked eye.
He possesses special powers where his retina allows him to analyze the composition of metals from far distances.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I walked in with a modified $500 3KF with green Dial to a Patek authorized dealer and everyone complemented me,

🤣🤣
They want to sell you watch they’re not gonna question you if the watch on your wrist is gen or not.

Believe it or not, that’s not their job, if you wear a seiko 5 they will compliment it THEYRE SALESMEN you nugget

Edit : also in response to your earlier statement in what world is a rose gold rep indistinguishable from gen :ROFLMAO: Yet you criticise 316 for it not looking gen. Do you see the contradiction there?

Christ on a bike

Last edited:

dave180

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/1/23
usa

But when you put a noob v7/v8 beside an Arf sub at the time nobody could tell the metals apart with the naked eye.
well i guess now only the really good fakes claim to use 901, so could be some truth to that, but you can usually see a few differences, 904l has more nickel so gives better gloss but scratch easier, 316L will usually look more mute.

and wow so many trolls over here

Feefo

RepPossessed

BMW760

and eBoy not poor at all, and don't care about trolls at all, very narrow minded people who tend to be this way​

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

dave180

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/1/23
usa

well i guess now only the really good fakes claim to use 901, so could be some truth to that, but you can usually see a few differences, 904l has more nickel so gives better gloss but scratch easier, 316L will usually look more mute.

Feefo

RepPossessed

BMW760

and eBoy not poor at all, and don't care about trolls at all, very narrow minded people who tend to be this way​

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU

Feefo

RepPossessed

BMW760

Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

• Haha
Reactions: eBoy and dave180