• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New website! Order process through it starting from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hi guys!
From now on orders must be submitted through my new website:

www.thetimegarage.com

All the work processes are explained in details inside every section. Choose the needed request, fill the form and you’ll be getting an automatic mail response with shipping instructions and estimated workaround time.

Let me know what you think of it, and if everything is easy to understand and straightforward.
Hoping to make everything simpler and easier.

Take care!
Nik

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Good to know, thanks. I just clicked through the options - everything is quite self-explanatory and straight forward imo.
Also one can easily lookup the prices for the different kinds of services.

Don't know if an option to upload a picture of the watch that needs work, to be sent together with the order request, would
be a useful idea. But maybe that's just me :)

Good job :) All the best!

Reactions: Nikz19

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Good to know, thanks. I just clicked through the options - everything is quite self-explanatory and straight forward imo.
Also one can easily lookup the prices for the different kinds of services.

Don't know if an option to upload a picture of the watch that needs work, to be sent together with the order request, would
be a useful idea. But maybe that's just me :)

Good job :) All the best!

It will indeed be possible! Still perfectioning it so any insight is much appreciated :)

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Jerrix96

Known Member
26/11/21
Italy
Awesome! Well made website, all the information provided is clear. Very appreciate the price list.
Cheers!

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU

Last edited:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Verry good

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
Looks great, looking forward to working with you.

Just one question regarding the process: Will it be possible to have watches directly sent by TD (in my case jtime, who uses triangle shipping) to your location for initial service? This approach would spare both time and shipping costs.

Thanks and regards

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Looks great, looking forward to working with you.

Just one question regarding the process: Will it be possible to have watches directly sent by TD (in my case jtime, who uses triangle shipping) to your location for initial service? This approach would spare both time and shipping costs.

Thanks and regards

You can also ask to source the watch itself.

Reactions: Floradays

Floradays

Horology Curious
21/1/22
Hi There,

as I have placed an order via the new site yesterday, I would like to provide some (hopefully) constructive feedback:
  • Page Layout is very clean and easy to understand, thumbs up!
  • The limitation of the comment section to 180 characters is from my point of view quite tight for custom orders. I can imagine that for larger orders it is not easy to describe your wishes there in a meaningful way.
  • It would be great to receive some sort of confirmation email which in best case includes a copy of the statements made in the form. If someone enters an incorrect email address, he will not be aware of that until the customer actively asked why no feedback was received on the request. Also, it helps the customer to remember what he actually asked for in the first place. In my case, I just confirmed ordering a "GMF 126234", hoping that it will have the white roman dial, fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet I mentioned in the form :)
By the way: The responses on my request and confirmation were very quick and helpful, overall very pleasant experience so far! Kudos for the professional manner.

Best regards
Floradays

Reactions: Wacht

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Hi There,

as I have placed an order via the new site yesterday, I would like to provide some (hopefully) constructive feedback:
  • Page Layout is very clean and easy to understand, thumbs up!
  • The limitation of the comment section to 180 characters is from my point of view quite tight for custom orders. I can imagine that for larger orders it is not easy to describe your wishes there in a meaningful way.
  • It would be great to receive some sort of confirmation email which in best case includes a copy of the statements made in the form. If someone enters an incorrect email address, he will not be aware of that until the customer actively asked why no feedback was received on the request. Also, it helps the customer to remember what he actually asked for in the first place. In my case, I just confirmed ordering a "GMF 126234", hoping that it will have the white roman dial, fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet I mentioned in the form :)
By the way: The responses on my request and confirmation were very quick and helpful, overall very pleasant experience so far! Kudos for the professional manner.

Best regards
Floradays

Indeed, if you put a wrong email you won’t be able to get the confirmation.
All the confirmations are now sorted manually, this to make sure I’m the one in charge of giving ETAs which given the nature of my job, can’t be given automatically. So it’s up to the customer to make sure to insert the correct datas, I can’t think of any way to make sure they did it properly. Any insight about this is appreciated :)

I will absolutely ask my web designer to increase the characters you can put in comments, I can see how 180 may be a bit low.

Thanks!

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I like it, but I also think 180 characters is a little tight to summarize a custom build or individual service. Anyway, good job with both homepage and your watchmaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.