• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VSF 40mm Yachtmaster

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Should this be the 126655 and not 116655? Official rolex website has the serial number as 126655 for the 40mm rose gold YM.

Also, trusty’s website is saying this comes with a 3135 movement. I believe it should be 3235?

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

Two more video reviews.

It's a bit hard to tell without a side by side but I think VSF did a fair job on the case shape, better than the half ass job by CF. But it definitely needs a replating. Color is way off

CF vs Gen for referene

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Should this be the 126655 and not 116655? Official rolex website has the serial number as 126655 for the 40mm rose gold YM.

Also, trusty’s website is saying this comes with a 3135 movement. I believe it should be 3235?

No it's all correct, it's the 116655 which uses the caliber 3135.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
So no glide lock with the 116655 model then. I believe glidelock comes on 126655

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I placed an order with Eric as soon as I saw this release and just got my QCs. I went ahead and ordered to compare to the new CF version. I should have it in hand in a couple of weeks.

Did Eric give you sizing options for the oysterflex bracelet? Did you tell him your wrist size and let him decide?

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I placed an order with Eric as soon as I saw this release and just got my QCs. I went ahead and ordered to compare to the new CF version. I should have it in hand in a couple of weeks.

Did Eric give you sizing options for the oysterflex bracelet? Did you tell him your wrist size and let him decide?

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Both the Clean model and the YSF model comes with glidelock
Interesting… from what I read, the 116655 should come with the easy link system.

See the section on the oysterflex bracelet on https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-b...acht-master-116655-ultimate-buying-guide.html

However I believe you are right: VSF made the 116655 on glidelock as seen on the video.

I guess the glidelock is the better option (easier to size and adjust on the fly) for wearing, but not close to the genuine counterpart.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Are we sure that isn't gen? The rehaut alignment looks way too good to be a VSF
😂😂😂You've never seen a gen have ya

Rehaut alignment doesn't have anything to do with gen or rep brother.

Reactions: Fervid

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
When I bought the Clean version from him, yes, I gave him my E+F sizing. For the VSF, I didn't get that choice but he may have just used the same sizing from my previous order

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21

Two more video reviews.

It's a bit hard to tell without a side by side but I think VSF did a fair job on the case shape, better than the half ass job by CF. But it definitely needs a replating. Color is way off

CF vs Gen for referene

- There are currently two versions of the Yachtmaster 40, one with crown between "Swiss" and "Made" and one without and the one without is the one we have here from VSF which comes with a 3135 movement in the gen, the one with crown between Swiss and Made has a 3235 movement in the gen.
- Clean's one is based on the newer version with the 3235 movement but they use a VR3235 which isn't as beautiful(?) as the VS3235 so if you were to buy a RG Yachtmaster, I would suggest you buy the VSF one because the movement and the closeness to gen is better than Clean overall.
- Bezel is ceramic and sand blasted and polishing on the markers on the bezel are also well done
- Print on dial is 3D and the edges of the hour markers are also well polished
- The colour of the RG plating is also very deep and not light
- The bezel on YM isn't like on Submariners where you can feel and hear the clicks but it's more like GMT where you feel each section
- This one comes with E+F Oysterflex and will fit around a 17cm wrist
- Has a Glidelock system like on Submariner

Reactions: Samgobigs

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
😂😂😂You've never seen a gen have ya

Rehaut alignment doesn't have anything to do with gen or rep brother.
No I haven't and I know some gen also have a misaligned rehaut however VSF are notorious for having misaligned rehauts and the example in the photo was almost too good by VSF standards

Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
No I haven't and I know some gen also have a misaligned rehaut however VSF are notorious for having misaligned rehauts and the example in the photo was almost too good by VSF standards
You would go crazy. My GMT had the crown on the 1 minute indice😂

• Wow
Reactions: RollyAP

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Can someone be so kind to translate those above Chinese videos please? Many thanks.