• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New version VR3135 problems

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Tomorrow ill post some pictures about the results... I straighten the hairspring as Kj2020 said and the beat error looks like 80% of the problem solved..... the funny thing is how a movement lost his stability when you don't touch nothing else but the automatic bridge... and how this movement gets his stability when you straight the hairspring!... movement with that bend on hairspring before I remove the automatic bridge worked like perfect and after removing the automatic bridge I need to do work on hairspring ... where the logic goes.. haha this movement is ..... thanks a lot all the guys here for the help ill post the pictures tomorrow and I hope in this thread we will post issues with this new VR version problems.... thanks also for the link KJ2020 for older VR ill order some of them
Deus ex machina — ghost out of the machine.

Reactions: KJ2020

davebrownocc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/5/21
Arroyo Grande, CA
Tomorrow ill post some pictures about the results... I straighten the hairspring as Kj2020 said and the beat error looks like 80% of the problem solved..... the funny thing is how a movement lost his stability when you don't touch nothing else but the automatic bridge... and how this movement gets his stability when you straight the hairspring!... movement with that bend on hairspring before I remove the automatic bridge worked like perfect and after removing the automatic bridge I need to do work on hairspring ... where the logic goes.. haha this movement is ..... thanks a lot all the guys here for the help ill post the pictures tomorrow and I hope in this thread we will post issues with this new VR version problems.... thanks also for the link KJ2020 for older VR ill order some of them
You guys, I want to thank you very much for this discussion about regulation problem-solving. I can't tell you how much I've learned so far with these kinds of lessons plus with my watchmaking teacher at his jewelry store showing me as much as he can at his shop. I even ordered a super 3135 movement to practice with as recommended by KJ. I don't even have any watches with one in them, but I'm sure I'll be able to build one with some learning on here. I promise to bring my experience here. Again, I really appreciate this, I hope to keep learning so I can have hope of my second career.

Konstantinos_Sv

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
Hello again guys I straight the balance hairspring as you can see in the picture and the results was really great
I felt so good thought the problem solved... movement runs good for about 8 minutes so I was sure I fixed it... after that 8 minutes the problem comes back.... this is what timegrapher reads after that 8 minutes... and then the watch was unstable more than that... the time was in the last day near 0 s/d and the next day without doing anything the time went +15 sec... I don't think at the and of the day the problem is on the hairspring.

Reactions: mariot and dogwood

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello again guys I straight the balance hairspring as you can see in the picture and the results was really great
I felt so good thought the problem solved... movement runs good for about 8 minutes so I was sure I fixed it... after that 8 minutes the problem comes back.... this is what timegrapher reads after that 8 minutes... and then the watch was unstable more than that... the time was in the last day near 0 s/d and the next day without doing anything the time went +15 sec... I don't think at the and of the day the problem is on the hairspring.

At this point I would take off the train bridge and re-clean and lube all the train wheels. Also the pallet fork. Examine all gear teeth. The balance end cap in the movement should be cleaned and lubed too.

All these things can be done with the movement installed if it is. I use a drop of alcohol and a fine paint brush for the balance jewel cleaning, then add a drop of oil through the hole. Not optimal but better than dirty or dry.

If all that doesn't fix this behavior, you may have a balance truing or poising issue. Fixing those requires some special tools and skill.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konstantinos_Sv

Konstantinos_Sv

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
At this point I would take off the train bridge and re-clean and lube all the train wheels. Also the pallet fork. Examine all gear teeth. The balance end cap in the movement should be cleaned and lubed too.

All these things can be done with the movement installed if it is. I use a drop of alcohol and a fine paint brush for the balance jewel cleaning, then add a drop of oil through the hole. Not optimal but better than dirty or dry.

If all that doesn't fix this behavior, you may have a balance truing or poising issue. Fixing those requires some special tools and skill.

thanks bro ill try it

Konstantinos_Sv

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
another Vr with this idiot decorate balance bridge... and now how we can oil the balance jewel??? it looks its not like vr3135 its under the whole balance bridge.... and on the 3235 its more ridiculous because the replica legs(those 2 legs witch are for regulation) are from the other side but the automatic bridge don't hide them so the movement its really worst on view......

Reactions: mariot

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
another Vr with this idiot decorate balance bridge... and now how we can oil the balance jewel??? it looks its not like vr3135 its under the whole balance bridge.... and on the 3235 its more ridiculous because the replica legs(those 2 legs witch are for regulation) are from the other side but the automatic bridge don't hide them so the movement its really worst on view......
Undo the brass screw on the balance bridge... it's a fake end-shake adjustment screw, it actually just secures the decoration plate. You can discard the deco plate afterwards (or keep it for the spare paraflex spring). Also, the vr3235 end shake adjustment needs to be done with foil shims since the lift/jack screw/nut isn't functional.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Undo the brass screw on the balance bridge... it's a fake end-shake adjustment screw, it actually just secures the decoration plate. You can discard the deco plate afterwards (or keep it for the spare paraflex spring). Also, the vr3235 end shake adjustment needs to be done with foil shims since the lift/jack screw/nut isn't functional.

Konstantinos_Sv

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
hello again guys I tried something deeper to this vr hairspring... I removed the metal part on the hairspring and glued again and this time it looks like the problem solved.. as you can see at the next 2 photos I removed that metal in the red circle .
after you can see the finish results
I know the amplitude is low the movement needs proper oiling but I don't looked for that... I just want the stability of beat error as you remember

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
hello again guys I tried something deeper to this vr hairspring... I removed the metal part on the hairspring and glued again and this time it looks like the problem solved.. as you can see at the next 2 photos I removed that metal in the red circle .
I know the amplitude is low the movement needs proper oiling but I don't looked for that... I just want the stability of beat error as you remember
Beat error is not that much of a problem though to be honest.

The movement can run stable and within good measure even with 20ms.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Good work here. That’s very delicate work. Congrats. What kind of glue did you use to re-attach the hairspring to the hairspring stud.

Konstantinos_Sv

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/8/22
Greece, Athens
the problem was the stability of the movement... I couldn't made a good time and keep it like that.. I was set the watch near 0 beat error and near 0s/d and after 10 minutes the numbers went crazy dots everywhere time like 60s/d... and couldn't set it to be stable to have that numbers even bad numbers couldn't stay bad.... so there was the problem

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good work here. That’s very delicate work. Congrats. What kind of glue did you use to re-attach the hairspring to the hairspring stud.
A tiny drop of slow cure epoxy works well for this. That gives you time for minor adjustments. I use BSI 30 minute epoxy and after mixing I wait about 5 mins to apply so it's not so runny. If it does ooze out of the space, the overspill on the surrounding base can be carefully wiped off with an alcohol dampened thin cloth with a needle point inside it.

zr98BK.jpg

Reactions: dogwood and mariot