• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Swiss ETA 6497-2 Ultimate 127E Build [SNEAK PEEK]

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
So lets have some fun and see how much of a buzz I can create with this....... My new Swiss offering based on the ETA 6497-2 movement, everything is 100% OEM ETA except for bridges, swan neck, MM screw and dagger everything else is Swiss...

Please don't PM me asking if I have any 127s they are all sold out, this one is for one of the guys on my list who has been waiting for this watch since May of this year, I just wanted to share this with the community. So please note I do not have any 127s available, the ones I have are being distributed by order to the people on my list.

It just doesn't get any closer!

To Be Continued.........

civic4982

Renowned Member
11/9/11
Splendid work! Can't wait to hear more.

So these are "Swinese" high beat movements with a lowbeat base pieces I assum such as the main plate being Swiss. I assume the the bridges,movement components and gears still must likely be Chinese.

A very skilled watchmaker here and a stellar rep lover!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Welcome back, J, are the bridges Noob engraved or you are up to something ...again?

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Fantastic! I bought a 6497-2, maybe from the same supplier, to mod my 111.
Do you applied a perlage on the back plate?

Tiny0318

Horology Curious
23/8/13
Wow, what a beautiful piece!
I have a question, what exactly is the 6497-1 vs 6497-2? Did Marlin specify the difference between these two versions?
I notice the description from puretime that the latest version once the pam127 supply is replenished, it'll fix the bridges and the swan neck issue. Will that be any closer to Marlin's work? If not, what are the list of mods on top of the updated noob version from puretime?

Thanks all,

PK

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
a 6497-2 is a chronometer grade movement