• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM35-03

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Hodinkee just posted an article on a brand-new RM35 variant.

Besides a new case shape influenced by the latest piece in the tourbillon Nadal line, the 027-04, the trick feature here is RM's variable geometry rotor, which allows the center of mass to be changed to alter how the watch winds. This first debuted on the RM35-02, but it was only adjustable at an RM service center, and was honestly a bit of a joke as almost no one would ever change it if they could even find an RM service location. Here, though, it's adjustable by the user via a 7:00 pusher.

I still think it's a rather silly addition, but besides that the design is interesting. Not totally sold on the dial and strap although I like the case shape a lot.

Wonder how long it'll be before these show up in rep. They'll need to make a bunch of new parts, so it might be a while, but I hope ZF is up to the challenge!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/t...er-user-adjustable-rotor-live-pics-and-pricin

Reactions: Corvax

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
I personally think it’s a great looking watch but the current market price valued at 6x a retail of 220k is like hoarding to an extreme. Don’t think anyone is actually willing to pay that much which is why the replica world exists. RMs sure are scarce and have claimed the sport/luxury market. I would never wear anything from this brand as the case shape looks down right ugly.

asuwere

2/6/19
This looks like a better match for the movement BBR is using. On the gen RM55 you can see it has more open space and see through gaps than the BBR clone. Meanwhile, this RM35-3 has a comparatively more cluttered appearance, just like the clone. This also has the pink jewel over the balance wheel.