• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Orleans trusted watchsmith

ravenblacknight

Looking Around
8/9/21
New to the forum - I found a couple of messages by members saying they had a trusted watchsmith in New Orleans that worked on replicas, but those members don't appear active anymore and didn't answer private messages. If anyone happens to have the name or info on this watchsmith please DM. Thanks!

Dblscoot

Horology Curious
20/8/22
USA
I went to “clock and watch shop” in CBD but they said they don’t work on replicas. They did water test and regulate it for me though. New Orleans Watchmakers on Carondelet might do it but I haven’t asked them specifically.

Reactions: Mattoo1977

Mattoo1977

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/7/22
I went to “clock and watch shop” in CBD but they said they don’t work on replicas. They did water test and regulate it for me though. New Orleans Watchmakers on Carondelet might do it but I haven’t asked them specifically.
I appreciate the info! I’m going to give them a call tomorrow. I’ll let everyone know what I find out.

Reactions: Dblscoot

Mattoo1977

4/7/22
Just to let you guys know, I talked with watchmaker at New Orleans watchmakers and he said he has no problem working on reps. I’m going to try and make it to his shop either tomorrow or Saturday. Ill keep everyone posted of how it goes.

Mattoo1977

4/7/22
Went in for a service on vs3135 movement and actually ended up buying a gen 3135 movement 😂 Shop is right off Canal st, he has no issues servicing and working on reps. Eric is the owner, really cool guy.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Went in for a service on vs3135 movement and actually ended up buying a gen 3135 movement 😂 Shop is right off Canal st, he has no issues servicing and working on reps. Eric is the owner, really cool guy.
what was wrong with your VSF Sub?

Mattoo1977

4/7/22
what was wrong with your VSF Sub?
Nothing was really wrong with movement but had some concerns with date wheel, seemed to be hair off center and wanted to see if it was possible to adjust it any way. I also wanted to have watch waterproofed and pressure tested. He happened to have a gen 3135 movement for a good price so decided to buy it instead.