• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who makes the closest 1:1 Pam as far as aesthetics?

Chris_Mtx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/17
I sold my gen Pam about a year ago and I am really missing it but not wanting to spend that kind of money on one right now. Who makes the most passable looking rep these days? I'm open to any model.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Open to reading? Look the "sticky" topics. There are your answers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebzen02

I'm Pretty Popular
12/4/10
There are a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
check Ale's pam guide....and you will never need to ask any more questions about Pams

D

d4m.test

I've seen the Pam 535 V6 review but haven't found a V2 review

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I'm seriously considering PAM535 Q V6F V2, Ale claims this to be very accurate rep but I can't seem to find a side by side comparison to gen.

http://www.tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1885

Well ALE never made that statement. He said

We can give an evaluation of very good rep bordering First Class status to KW-V6Fac with polished case and fitted with A7750 NON-inverted Improved.

It's not even a first-class rep (which is lower than the super rep level). Nothing about that V2 is different from the previous release by V6F so I don't see the need to review that particular version. So if you're looking for the closest in terms of aesthetics, I would recommend to stick with the super reps (which you can find mostly in the reference guide.

D

d4m.test

Well he claimed it to be the best version on this watch and that they are no super reps in 42mm

Thanks for the direction Mysterio

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well he claimed it to be the best version on this watch and that they are no super reps in 42mm

Thanks for the direction Mysterio

Best version does not always equal very accurate. Very accurate is almost always the best version (may be second best, especially if there are multiple super rep versions). Learn to separate the two concepts so you don't get misled.

D

d4m.test

Understood, I found the super rep thread, very helpful

D

d4m.test

Does anyone know which models specifically have deployment clasps? I really enjoyed my gen pam241 and not sure I can't deal with a traditional strap.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Does anyone know which models specifically have deployment clasps? I really enjoyed my gen pam241 and not sure I can't deal with a traditional strap.

It might be tough to deal with. Buy another gen 241 and enjoy it.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08

There would only be two possible answers: OP and the TDs. No one keeps track of that information, especially since Panerai are such strap workhorses. You can use a deployment with your PAM as long as the strap is made for a deployment clasp (it has to be thin at the long side to be able to thread into the deployment).

D

d4m.test

Great info thanks! Yes my pam241 strap was very thin!