• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First purchase experience - Unboxing [PIC HEAVY]

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
Hello everyone, this is a review of my recent purchase from Ken at ChazingTime. This is my first time purchasing from him, after hearing so many good reviews of Ken and also him being one of the top TDs as shown by the dealer of the year poll, I decided to purchase my watch from him.

I started my first enquiry with him back in February asking if JF produces any two toned AP15400 as that was the model I was very interested in. To my surprise, he gave me a reply within an hour. But it was a disappointment as JF doesn't produce that so I decided to wait for that to come while checking the prices of the RG and SS models and some other SevenFriday watches that I was interested in. I dragged and dragged, hoping for the two tone to be released but it never did. In the end, I decided to stop waiting as the "V2" of the blue dial looks freaking amazing. At the same time, I also ordered the clasps and plots (waiting Vic's leather strap), a SevenFriday V2 and a SevenFriday Woody as well. It was my first purchase with Ken and I pulled the trigger on 3 watches, I built my trust in him throughout our conversation. So below I'll provide a time line of the events happened.

Timeline:
30 Apr: Placed Order and made payment
04 May: QC pics of the V2 and Woody received. Asked for lume shot and time graph picture, received them on the same day (fast response). Accepted them right away.
10 May: QC pics of the JF AP15400. Asked for close up of dial because pictures provided weren't clear. And once again asked for lume shot and time graph picture, and also received them on the same day. Accepted them after asking some advice from members.
12 May: Received tracking number
16 May: Received parcel

What I like about ChazingTime:
Ken was friendly and polite at all times. Speedy replies too. Same goes for Jay, the man in charge of the QC of my watches. Correspondence with them were very pleasant. And also they provide some of the best prices I've seen, especially so since I'm a Singaporean, Ken do accept local transfer so I save up on transfer fees. :)

What can be improved:
I would have to say QC pictures provided weren't the best, I have seen better pics by other TDs. Pictures were not clear, especially the ones for the AP15400, thus disallowing me to closely examine any serious flaws, which was the purpose of QC pictures in the first place. I asked for a higher resolution picture that clearly shows the dial pattern, but I was provided with a close up but not really a hi-res one, so I was a bit disappointed. But still it was acceptable, I was able to make a decision based on those pics.

I understand that QC pictures are more of a privilege than an entitlement, so I do appreciate TDs who provides this level of service. I'll be posting the QC pics below as well to help any members that might need it for whatever reasons (I accepted all of them so it's okay to post them right? If not just let me know and I'll remove them right away).

Overall:
Nevertheless, I would still strongly recommend ChazingTime, especially for local kakis! Smooth and pleasant transaction! :D

Thank you Ken & ChazingTime for the wonderful job and kudos to them! :)

Now onto the pictures!

** The Box **

1_zpsnrpvzlzf.jpg

2_zps0wditf6b.jpg

3_zpszyc0i4bk.jpg

4_zpswtmruihq.jpg

** The Clasps and Plots **

5_zps5pyiyi8l.jpg

6_zps2qhtggh2.jpg

7_zpsnl5kubr8.jpg

** JF AP15400 SS with Blue Dial **

8_zpswuhcb1ja.jpg

9_zpsemhljq6f.jpg

10_zpsmp6ln9on.jpg

11_zpsqsrtmd2u.jpg

12_zpsgm1yfagu.jpg

14_zpscsnufvjo.jpg

13_zpsfkd1ujkr.jpg

15_zps7fnn4fo6.jpg

16_zpszwmy819z.jpg

17_zpshkq8wnfj.jpg

18_zpsrqvp1ukq.jpg

19_zpsjbl0xgta.jpg

** SevenFriday Woody II P2/03-W **

19_zpsckudyaqi.jpg

20_zpswnno3qti.jpg

21_zpswtmvyjpc.jpg

22_zpsmu1585pi.jpg

23_zpsvtfw5hwy.jpg

24_zpsylfh7jxg.jpg

25_zpsmaulok1h.jpg

26_zpsaij7zaa8.jpg

27_zpsklvrija3.jpg

28_zpsdrvqfqmw.jpg

29_zpsbwltnj2a.jpg

30_zps7gencsc7.jpg

32_zpsorl4ffhq.jpg

** SevenFriday V2 **

31_zps4gb17vkv.jpg

32_zpstebaa6en.jpg

33_zpsfojg48fj.jpg

34_zpsmttsdqgf.jpg

35_zpsa8ybul6l.jpg

36_zpsxdxofqbq.jpg

37_zpsybsmrq0o.jpg

38_zpssamvntwv.jpg

40_zpsh0xpvqr6.jpg

39_zpspwbcvfr2.jpg

41_zpssdnewxel.jpg

42_zps9ikntrvz.jpg

** QC PICTURES (IN ORDER OF RECEIVING): **

Q1_zpsxugzzlc4.jpg

Q2_zpskzljditn.jpg

Q3_zpsfxlf8hme.jpg

Q4_zps1fppba2z.jpg

Q5_zpscom9ypim.jpg

Q6_zpspbico6sk.jpg

Q8_zpse7kkczd5.jpg

Q7_zpsxeaqmkod.jpg

Q9_zpsxs4b2ogf.jpg

Q10_zpsogtgnuhs.jpg

Q11_zpsqmtn2njo.jpg

Q12_zps7naw3zyq.jpg

Q14.png_zpslwdvannc.jpeg

Q15.png_zpsxhbiz0mv.jpeg

Q13.png_zps69osnowz.jpeg

Q16_zpsillzhbgm.jpg

Q17_zpsx8tzfmrz.jpg

Q18_zpsof1msgwo.jpg

Q19_zpsts0fwh63.jpg

Q20_zpssyajl0z5.jpg

Q21_zpshjnugqcy.jpg

Q22_zpssuplwteg.jpg

Q23_zpsiyzm2jkt.jpg

Q24_zpsdf4mzkeu.jpg

Q25.png_zps8rmxbsgl.jpeg

Q26.png_zpsnioksghm.jpeg

Q27.png_zpsraqh0tqy.jpeg

Q28.png_zpsfyxbxwud.jpeg

Q29.png_zpsuzofzlwy.jpeg

sarluck

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/16
Wow, I'm sold on the AP15400 in blue dial. Thanks for the pics bro!

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12
Looking good bro , thanks again for your order . Great pics too.
Sorry if the qc pics aren't to your satisfaction. I haven't got around to upgrading our camera yet . haha.

Capt_K

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/14
Congrats bro! Nice 15400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredPanda

1/4/16
The rates are better even with 10% WU discount? :O
Thanks for the review!

The QC pics don't look that bad TBH.
That and if it's cheaper for SG, may have found a new TD to deal with ;)

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
Thanks guys, yall should get one AP15400 from Ken as well, haha!

Looking good bro , thanks again for your order . Great pics too.
Sorry if the qc pics aren't to your satisfaction. I haven't got around to upgrading our camera yet . haha.

Np, just pointing out where can be improved! :) Although camera skills are quite good that it helps the low quality pictures haha.

The rates are better even with 10% WU discount? :O
Thanks for the review!

The QC pics don't look that bad TBH.
That and if it's cheaper for SG, may have found a new TD to deal with ;)

Just a personal preference then, just upset about the dial from first set of pics, lol. And yes, I believe the rates are about the same, if not better. With local transfer, the discount given should be around the same 10% of WU, but local transfer don't need a transfer fee while WU still needs one. iBanking is just so convenient anyway, you should go with Ken!

Dannyvapour

Horology Curious
29/5/16
Hey man are these pictures of seven fridays genuine or are they reps? i cant tell they look good

Woldemar

8/8/16
Hi bro!
Thank you for your post!
After have read it I made my first order with Chazingtime for an AP Royal Oak same as yours, but bicolor with white dial.)))
Wating now for QC pics)))

silverb7rs4

Supporter
Certified
10/8/16
Hi guys -- noob here, and I'm seriously considering chazingtime for a first purchase.

zenico
, how has the AP been holding up? Anything break on it? How much time does it lose? It looks beautiful! Congrats man!

bouvongvisal

Horology Curious
4/8/16
I have read your experience with ChazingTime.

Now I decide to buy Cartier Santos from ChazingTime.com buy going through their website directly.

http://chazingtime.com/product/santo...strap-eta2671/

As confirm buy ChazingTime via email, I cannot purchase using PayPal and VISA, the only payment method is Western Union and MoneyGram.

1. I am so worry, please confirm that you have successfull purchase by sending payment via WesternUnion or MoneyGram and the stuff did arrive.

2. What i should do if after sending money, seller dt send me the watch?

3. Do u know any Trusted Dealer accept PayPal?

Thanks so much for taking ur valuable time reading my message.
Please advise me..

Sent from the RWI mobile app

zenico

Known Member
18/4/15
Hi guys -- noob here, and I'm seriously considering chazingtime for a first purchase.

zenico
, how has the AP been holding up? Anything break on it? How much time does it lose? It looks beautiful! Congrats man!

Holding up fine so far. Haven't got around checking how much time it loses as I only wear it about once or twice a week, in rotation with my other watches. I strapped it on with Vic's leather strap, it looks amazing! :)

Awesome! Congrats

Thanks! :)

I have read your experience with ChazingTime.

Now I decide to buy Cartier Santos from ChazingTime.com buy going through their website directly.

http://chazingtime.com/product/santo...strap-eta2671/

As confirm buy ChazingTime via email, I cannot purchase using PayPal and VISA, the only payment method is Western Union and MoneyGram.

1. I am so worry, please confirm that you have successfull purchase by sending payment via WesternUnion or MoneyGram and the stuff did arrive.

2. What i should do if after sending money, seller dt send me the watch?

3. Do u know any Trusted Dealer accept PayPal?

Thanks so much for taking ur valuable time reading my message.
Please advise me..

Hello, firstly welcome to RWI. I haven't been active on RWI lately but I hope you have already gotten your answer by now since it has been about a week or so. If not, do contact Ken via his email. I personally did not send payment via WesternUnion or MoneyGram, as I've said earlier, I did a local transfer. And no worries, just contact Ken to resolve your problem, ChazingTime is a Trusted Dealer (TD) on RWI.