• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Glashütte PanoMaticLunar

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Anyone else excited by this new Glashütte PanoMaticLunar rep that appeared on Intime recently:

https://www.intime06.co/new-arrival...ite-dial-on-black-leather-strap-cal90-02.html

This is the gen:

Rep:

I think it looks decent enough and is to my knowledge the best effort to date to replicate this watch. Price is also reasonable.

Some tentative remarks:

Thickness: gen is 12.7 mm, rep is 14 mm.

Is the moonphase working? Usually there's a recessed pusher in the case side to adjust the moonphase; I don't see a pusher here. Maybe it's set using the crown?

Date window is too small, and probably not really a panorama date; the division between the 2 date wheels seems fake.

Nevertheless I think it's a decent effort. And check out the movement, it even has a decorated double swan-neck balance wheel (or whatchacallit..).

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Date window size being that small is a big deal for me
And that is if I forget the brick thickness

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gtmatt22

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
While this is quite far from perfect, I might actually go for it! In my personal opinion it is nice for what it is, if you don't hold it too closely alongside to a gen :)

Thanks for sharing, didn't notice.

Reactions: Excaleben

Excaleben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/21
As the Panomatic Lunar is a grail for me in gen for the future I will definitely have an eye out for this :O ! Very nice and the errors are not that maddening for me.

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Update:
I contacted Ryan from Intime to ask whether the moonphase is really working or not. Maybe the answer was always obvious at this price point, but it's not an actual moonphase. Instead, it's a day/night dial which goes round every 24 hours.
This also explains the absence of a pusher in the case side; a day/night dial is set along with the hands by pulling and turning the crown.

Nevertheless I've ordered the watch since this has been a grail for me for a long time and it is the best PanoMatic rep out there, and it's either this, the gen (not going to happen) or nothing at all.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Update:
I contacted Ryan from Intime to ask whether the moonphase is really working or not. Maybe the answer was always obvious at this price point, but it's not an actual moonphase. Instead, it's a day/night dial which goes round every 24 hours.
This also explains the absence of a pusher in the case side; a day/night dial is set along with the hands by pulling and turning the crown.

Nevertheless I've ordered the watch since this has been a grail for me for a long time and it is the best PanoMatic rep out there, and it's either this, the gen (not going to happen) or nothing at all.

Please share wristshots when you have it

Excaleben

5/5/21
Update:

Would also love to see some wristshots or QC Photos perhaps. As the moonphase is purely asthetic for me anyway I dont mind the day/night as long as its 2 nights instead of a sun anywhere.

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
Received QC pics recently; here are the 2 most interesting:

I asked for 2 extra pics to check the day/night ("moonphase") dial, with the hands set at 12:00 AM and 0:00 PM resp.:

It's a bit difficult to see with this lighting but it seems the dial consists of 2 apparently identical moons, instead of a sun and a moon. This of course to better mimic a true moonphase.
I did notice that the moons are not perfectly synced with the hands; at noon or midnight the moon in the dial should be at its highest point (at 15 on the dial scale), but they are in fact somewhat to the left of this point at 12:00 and 0:00. Not a big deal for me, as it's close enough and it's supposed to be a moonphase anyway.

After I approved the QC I noticed another thing, not a QC thing but an issue with how the rep has been designed. The seconds hand is not in the centre of the seconds subdial!
Compare e.g. these 2 pics and notice the difference in how far the second hand is removed from the edge of the subdial:

I guess they had to do it this way because of the movement that was available, and still keep the subdial as close to the gen as possible...

Oh well, we'll see how noticeable it is in real life soon I hope.

Reactions: Plaasbaas

Plaasbaas

Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Thanks for sharing. Wow. I am not quite sure yet, how I feel about the seconds dial...

Excaleben

5/5/21
Thank you for sharing jovame that second hand is rather odd yes have to think about buying one for myself.

jovame

Known Member
29/3/12
A new one seems to be available trough Trusty and it does not look good while being more expensive: https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=25183

Interesting, i had not seen these.
Compared to the one from APSF i see some major problems:

The dial doesn't seem as nicely finished, lacking the silver satin sheen and the contrasting main- and subdials due to a spiral groove. More importantly, the proportions of the main- and subdial are off, the main (hour and minute) dial is much to small compared to the surface of the total watch face and the seconds subdial.
Also the date is much too recessed, although it does seem to consist of 2 separate wheels (one for the tenfolds, and one for the single numbers) like a true panorama date.
It does have a micro-rotor which is nice, but it am not sure if it's functional. The double swan-neck regulator seems fake, with the real movement beneath this pretty "mask"....

It does look cheaper than the APSF rep, but it's actually more expensive like you said. So i prefer the APSF rep, although that has its own problems too (see my upcoming review).