• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Chrono

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
ZFWa0p.jpg
ZFWegX.jpg

ZFWUoi.jpg

ZFWWPb.jpg

ZFWm55.jpg

Wow.... :worthy: what beautys. The green one definitly got my attention.

The Bracelet looks good...different...not 100% sure about.

What you guys think?

Reactions: tdk1010

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
WHAT IS THIS REAL???????

EDIT: Just saw the price, it's quite hefty for a Breitling rep. So this better be a home run by GF.

Last edited:

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
YES its coming real!

and YES the Price is also fo real :( about 570$ is a strong Word!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Looks like they fixed the sunken date wheel, so that’s a plus.

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
GF is on fire. I just bought the Avenger 43mm and I love it.
Now this! Yea, over 500 bucks, but it's a chrono with DW that is not sunken. Lovely.

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
I highly doubt the date wheel is not sunken. These pictures are creating an illusion but in reality it will be sunken.

I’d really love to be proven wrong though, of course

Great release nonetheless. Will be ordering when available

Reactions: THXuk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
ZFi7cc.jpg

hard to tell, from this Angle looks bit sunken.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I highly doubt the date wheel is not sunken. These pictures are creating an illusion but in reality it will be sunken.

I’d really love to be proven wrong though, of course

Great release nonetheless. Will be ordering when available

Could be the case but not necessarily. GF "modified" the sunken date on the Airborne models as well which don't have a sunken date despite A7750.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
ZFi7cc.jpg

hard to tell, from this Angle looks bit sunken.

Yes looks to be sunken. Not that obvious however. This is as good as we will get, so either buy it or skip this model. There won't be an alternative. Just don't post it on Instagram and all will be fine.

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Could be the case but not necessarily. GF "modified" the sunken date on the Airborne models as well which don't have a sunken date despite A7750.

Yes I have that Airborne model also.

The reliability of the ‘gear switching’ they did was not good with that release so they went back to sunken datewheel for that model when movements started to break down on people.

Also, GF have released the Premier B01 v2 and the Navitimer Ab0121 v2 which has same decorated movement this chronomat does.

I took delivery for both last week and can confirm they both have a sunken date wheels also as expected.

If they release this watch within space of a few weeks why would they release this chronomat (with the same tricomplex layout) without sunken datewheel and yet those other 2 big releases don’t?

Again, I hope I’m wrong.

I think the premium price for the watch comes from the bracelet which looks spectacular!

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The price is a bit ridiculous for what it is.
a good $100-120 too much.

Few years ago we had a SuperAvenger for $258.. time changes..

If you were wondering why it is so expensive, all you have to do is look at the bracelet. Frankly I’m amazed that it’s that cheap, considering they had to completely manufacture a new bracelet that is not common to any other model.

Sent from the RWI App

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yes looks to be sunken. Not that obvious however. This is as good as we will get, so either buy it or skip this model. There won't be an alternative. Just don't post it on Instagram and all will be fine.

Yeah, i also think its sunken but for me its ok..Its not that bad and good to go i think as the rest looks really super.

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
beautiful !

i'm wonder if the silver dial has some sunburst , difficult to see on those pictures !

but only for the bracelet it's stunning !

Last edited:

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I'm hoping the date is not sunken. If it is not I'm ordering one for sure. Like OldNavitimer stated that is awsome that they actually repped that bracelet. Everything on this watch looks pretty accurate so it on my list to buy depending on that date.????

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK

Haha I don't think people on Instagram would even notice tbh. There are some 'luxury watch pages' on Instagram which post the reps as gen and people are there saying 'beautiful' and don't bat an eyelid.

I personally dislike sunken datewheels because they're an eye-sore each time you look at your wrist.

If it doesn't bother you personally, don't worry about what others think.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
but the silver dial looks more like white doesnt it? checking the breitling website its clearly silver

ab0134101g1a1-chronomat-b01-42-soldier.png

Last edited:

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
The date wheel does not seem too sunken.
9dcf19622d45ff80bed4893615614b72.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr.JC

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
It is not that sunken yes. Given the black subdials its barely noticeable really, of course that is, if you don't fukking stare at it all the time. Its like starring at the not so attractive parts of your wife/husband/circle all the time, it doesn't make it better.
Not sure about color accuracy and bracelet quality, but at probably close to Noob Daytona prices, both better be good to make up for the A7750.