• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GF Breitling Avenger 43mm

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
I am very happy with this release. I was afraid that the factories forgot about the Breitling diver watches. I was waiting for the new Colt rep, but this 43mm avenger is just great. I think that I will pull the trigger.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Looks interesting, wonder how good the AR is...it has been disappointing on some recent releases.

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
So I spoke to Andrew about the different case sizes. The gmt is 45mm and the reg Avenger is 43mm.

FLYER9

Known Member
2/2/16
I’m going to order the A never blue dial, would love the GMT but 45mm is too big for my wrist. Will post pictures when it arrives!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Yeah, I'm trying to decide between the blue or black dials. Blue might hide AR deficiencies more than black but black is my preferred color especially over matte blues but I've been on a little bit of a blue kick lately. Definitely getting one though. I like the contrasting brushed and polished finishes and I like the polished center links. I've only seen the strap versions in stores which looked good but I think they look best on bracelet. Just when I though I was done with reps for a while........

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
screw it. I think I'll do what I did with the seamasters and get both and let them duke it out. If I didn't do that I think I would have wanted whichever I didn't get so I'm glad I got both. For peace of mind it was the best thing to do ;-)

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
screw it. I think I'll do what I did with the seamasters and get both and let them duke it out. If I didn't do that I think I would have wanted whichever I didn't get so I'm glad I got both. For peace of mind it was the best thing to do ;-)

Keen to hear how it is in person, especially the AR...I have had many GF Breitling and some AR have been like my gen SOHII and others not so much.

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
Videos are up. The gmt was up but trusty changed domains and now the 43mm videos are in place. Looks like the a/r is decent on the 45mm gmt and reg 43mm avenger. Decided Im gonna order the 45mm.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Got my QC pics of the blue and black Avenger 43. They look good to me and I'm green lighting. I'm just posting just to show pictures. AR does look pretty good. I'm kind of excited about these. I was all for the black but the blue is looking good too.

ZUQ5CK.jpg

ZUQUGv.jpg

ZUQei8.jpg

ZUQaL1.jpg

ZUQirj.jpg

ZUQq3I.jpg

ZUQm74.jpg

ZUQIYc.jpg

ZUQOwX.jpg

ZUQYci.jpg

ZUQ9Cp.jpg

ZUQ1ib.jpg

ZUQnS5.jpg

ZUQ8LF.jpg

ZUQrrt.jpg

ZUQtE2.jpg

ZUQlyn.jpg

ZUQQ3E.jpg

Reactions: FLYER9 and Ferax

korky7

Banned
6/2/09
That looks really good! Can't wait to get my qc pics.

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Got my QC pics of the blue and black Avenger 43. They look good to me and I'm green lighting. I'm just posting just to show pictures. AR does look pretty good. I'm kind of excited about these. I was all for the black but the blue is looking good too.

ZUQ5CK.jpg

ZUQUGv.jpg

ZUQei8.jpg

ZUQaL1.jpg

ZUQirj.jpg

ZUQq3I.jpg

ZUQm74.jpg

ZUQIYc.jpg

ZUQOwX.jpg

ZUQYci.jpg

ZUQ9Cp.jpg

ZUQ1ib.jpg

ZUQnS5.jpg

ZUQ8LF.jpg

ZUQrrt.jpg

ZUQtE2.jpg

ZUQlyn.jpg

ZUQQ3E.jpg

Looking really nice , waiting for your wristshot :)

Mille

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
S.....

ZUQ5CK.jpg

ZUQUGv.jpg

ZUQei8.jpg

ZUQaL1.jpg

ZUQirj.jpg

ZUQq3I.jpg

ZUQm74.jpg

ZUQIYc.jpg

ZUQOwX.jpg

ZUQYci.jpg

ZUQ9Cp.jpg

ZUQ1ib.jpg

ZUQnS5.jpg

ZUQ8LF.jpg

ZUQrrt.jpg

ZUQtE2.jpg

ZUQlyn.jpg

ZUQQ3E.jpg

Great pictures

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Teasers of the new arrivals. Just got home and don't feel like messing with bracelet sizing now. I'm more impress then I thought I would be. I bought a lot of watches recently so I was kind of mad at myself and thinking meh, these will be ok and I'll sell them or whatever. I just got an Oris Audi Sport and Mido heures & minutes decentrees in rose gold for crying out loud. They all just popped up out of the blue like a perfect storm. These are pretty great. It's only in dim indoor lighting but I like them.

About the watches. In low light it's hard to tell them apart. The blue is so dark. I will say the AR is pretty good..... But there is a noticeable difference between the blue dial and black dial watches and their AR and I don't think it's the dial having an impact but I could be wrong. You'll notice the blue dial has a more lighter blue AR that doesn't turn as purple when held at angles. Strange. I could always swap cases depending on which I keep though i don't think it will be an issue. They both seem better than the black dial avenger GMT I have though the crystal is more curved though noticeably a darker shade of blue tint. It's late. I didn[t take the tape off yet and I'm testing out a differnt watch for somebody else tomorrow so I won't even be able to wear one until I get home.

ZiF9n1.jpg

ZiF1hv.jpg

ZiFnuj.jpg

ZiF8Z4.jpg

ZiFrII.jpg

ZiFtXc.jpg

ZiFlWi.jpg

ZiFBxX.jpg

ZiFT25.jpg

ZiFpQb.jpg

ZiFCfp.jpg

ZiFXnF.jpg

ZiFdut.jpg

ZiFwj2.jpg

Last edited:

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
shinynewbling25

Simply, simply, lovely. Thank you very much for those pics! I will pull the trigger on the blue one. I have already ordered the blue rubber strap and the Breitling deployment clasp :D
Please Show us some more pics in the daylight.

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Now in trustytime have a new Seawolf 43mm with Cobra numeric dial, We'll see if it improves on the previous 45mm Seawolf