• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Speedy parts

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11
Have a manual wind speedmaster moonwatch coming in from one of the TDs, but have a couple of questions.

1. Where can I source a domed Hesalite, and which size fits?

2. Im looking for a leather band, brown or black. Anyone have any recomendations for this watch specifically?

Cheers

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11
Thanks Mark. Yeah I had a look through there, and ive seen some on ebay that say they work with the watch, but I would appreciate some clarification from someone who has done it before pulling the trigger.

Btw, did you end up getting your pre-moon?

Edit:
Ah, scratch that, saw your post. Looks great.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
I actually have 3 of them. I got the quartz, the 21j and the manual wind ("Lemania").

Wish I could combine parts from all 3 to make a really nice rep. Not sure what's compatible with what though.

GFlansburg

Renowned Member
29/12/11
Yeah thats tough, need a good dial, good plexi, and proper caseback. Gen dosnt have blue screws either.

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
The gen hesalite won't fit the manual wind rep. The next best thing is a 34.0mm Sternkreuz HW plexi that is available from Cousins UK. (Check out MarkH's Pre-moon thread where I have posted pictures of this). Remove the original sapphire and gasket, then glue in the slightly undersized plexi. It has to be done this way because the bezel insert has a smaller diameter than the bezel itself where the crystal sits.

Regarding straps, most of the gen guys like the curved-end Hirsch Medici availabe in two browns and black. If you want a vintage style strap, check out the offerings of the strap makers here at RWI. Any of them can make a strap to fit the Speedy. I especially like Donerix and Gunny straps because I've owned them and can verify the quality is terrific.

I hope that helps!

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
Nope, that is an HWS and you want an HW. The HWS has a weird step that doesn't look that good once installed.

Regarding the size, 34.0mm was correct for the manual wind rep that I owned. According to MarkH, he had a manual wind rep with a different size case so the plexi might not work on that one. I would pop the crystal out and measure the inner bezel diameter where the crystal sits to be sure (without the gasket).