• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New crystal on IWC Spitifre Chrono - Prof is Awesome

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
I received a ZF spitfire from the factory that had a few micro-hairline imperfections in the AR. Over time, they got worse and worse, just from wearing the watch under a sleeve cuff. Looking at the before pictures, you woould think it fell off my wrist while on a motorcycle. I'm guessing the crystal was not prepped correctly prior to the AR being applied and as a result, it just delaminated little by lettle until I sent it to Prof. These pics were taken about a month and a half apart, the watch was worn maybe 6 times during that stretch and only worn under sleeve cuffs. You can see the progression of existing and start of new fissures spreading across the crystal.

November 2021:

December 2021:

Prof turned the crystal around in a little over a week and the watch is just simply stunning now. Can't even tell the crystal is there at some angles. I was only able to get one pic before the sun went down and dinner was ready, but it should be all the Prof-proof you need :D