• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New AP Royal Oak

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
This version just came out in a rep by Audemars Piguet, in their Royal Oak line. The Chrono has taken the interesting design
of using crown guards on not only the crown, but the chrono functions as well, giving it a bolder look. This version here is 398.00 and others are about 998.00. How do you like it?

raijor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/11/06
I love [smilie=love7.gif] this rep. I think I am in for one based on the photo alone. I do not care if the accuracy is off from the gen because it looks so great.

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
Does anyone know for sure these new T3's are the same size as gen? I have seen that the gen size is always listed as 57mm but the dealers claim 53mm. What is the discrepancy if any? I have asked Andrew and he says a borrowed gen was used to copy. Of course I believe him but still would like more input. Thanks :D

Ramiel

15/5/07
I 99% sure that the size of the original T3 is 57 mm. I have seen wrist shots and the thing is huge! This replica with 53 mm diameter (remember that is counting the crown and bottoms) is almost the size of 44 mm Panerai. This is the only reason that I have not purchase it yet.
But I agree, this is a beautiful replica.
Let see who is going to buy it first and give to us the proper review.

PAM1A

3/4/06

Hi fellow collectors.
I was looking for a good rep of this watch since 3 years [smilie=love7.gif] , unfortunately it was allways the (way too) small size the former reps showed.

So my question #1 for my dealer was the correct meassured size...and here is the answer:

hi,friend:
give you the answer
- case size (diameter)? with crown 57mmx15mm
- dial color?....cannot see from the pics… wowo..one is with dark white.one is dark gray,one is dark green.

So I pulled the trigger last weekend and ordered this piece....as for dial color options...there is only 1 real choice: DARK GRAY or as the official T3 color says "charcoal-gray".
The light gray of the rep is off and should be a "silvered" dial.
The "dark green" as some say is just done because of 1 picture that exists...the pic was released to the SIHH in 2003 and was just a markting/promo pic....some details of the watch were changed later on.

And this is what happens when you copy a watch from pics :D

Will post some scans when the watch hits my doorsteps...
Theo

ROCAFORT22

26/4/07
Hello friends:
Audemars Piguet has only manufactured 3 units of this watch. Who will believe that you have one of them?

raijor

25/11/06
Where I live there may only be 3 AP watches period. I do not buy reps to try and pass them off as gen. I buy for the enjoyment of owning unique designs.