• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW AIF HISTORIQUES AMERICAN 1921

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Just ordered from Li at Jtime, ordered the white gold version will share QCs and photos along the way approx 1 month from arrival to the UK

Hacin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/1/20
Awesome, I guess I will have to send a message. Will wait to see your Qc. Exciting.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
give me a week or two for the qc and u will know whether to contact haha, I will start the 1921 RWI trend. Hopefully this beauty is good!

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
indeed, there is no good alternative however, I will have a look at the QCs and once I see them I will either approve or reject if its really bad. We will see, If i do approve or go ahead I will share the QC pics here in the coming weeks. Now would be nice to search for a gen dial for this which seems impossible

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
give me a week or two for the qc and u will know whether to contact haha, I will start the 1921 RWI trend. Hopefully this beauty is good!

How much did is the cost of the watch?

My biggest question would be - what is the movement being use in this?

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
How much did is the cost of the watch?

My biggest question would be - what is the movement being use in this?

360 british pounds including postage to the UK, the shipping was 35 USD. Still waiting on QCs, hope they come soon. Regarding the movement they say its a Cal.4400AS which is the original VC movement but idk what they used to decorate it if any professionals can have a look in the photos

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
360 british pounds including postage to the UK, the shipping was 35 USD. Still waiting on QCs, hope they come soon. Regarding the movement they say its a Cal.4400AS which is the original VC movement but idk what they used to decorate it if any professionals can have a look in the photos

Thanks. So around US$450.
“Original VC movement” is pure bs from the them, I don’t think it’s even a clone. Looks like an Asian mvmnt with decor plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Thanks. So around US$450.
“Original VC movement” is pure bs from the them, I don’t think it’s even a clone. Looks like an Asian mvmnt with decor plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely! Looks like just a cheap asian movement, I received the QC today and approved them. The QC showed +-5 seconds a day which isnt bad but eh... Im not a hugely bothered by a caseback that doesnt look like a clone. I will post the photos here this weekend after the watch is shipped and you guys can decide for yourselves whether to go ahead and join the party hehe! :p

Reactions: Meicmo84

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
This watch model has been produced for some time and I don't think it has a gen spec case or gen spec dial. I tried using what I can only suppose is a similar model alongside a beat-up gen dial I found on Ebay and the hole position was different. This is a novelty compared to the real thing. I still have the gen dial but I used a AS 1130 movement with it as it was manual wind and the hole matched up by <1mm so it was an okay fit. Not perfect but not noticeable on the wrist. I also found the three hands that sort of matched the gen and assembled it all together. I can post a pic for everyone's reference.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
This watch model has been produced for some time and I don't think it has a gen spec case or gen spec dial. I tried using what I can only suppose is a similar model alongside a beat-up gen dial I found on Ebay and the hole position was different. This is a novelty compared to the real thing. I still have the gen dial but I used a AS 1130 movement with it as it was manual wind and the hole matched up by <1mm so it was an okay fit. Not perfect but not noticeable on the wrist. I also found the three hands that sort of matched the gen and assembled it all together. I can post a pic for everyone's reference.

probably just a quick enjoy piece than a franken option then... the dials are a myth nowadays on ebay and have no idea what movement is even used in this AI factory model. Will post clearer pictures later in the week

Pedalo

Meep meep meep
7/5/22
Australia
Hi all, I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I am not supposed to post images etc.. I have looked through the new members area and I purchased this particular rep from Li as well. Really happy with it, it has a few clear tells but I just love the unusual look of it.

Couple of the pics before I received it.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Hi all, I am new to the forum so please forgive me if I am not supposed to post images etc.. I have looked through the new members area and I purchased this particular rep from Li as well. Really happy with it, it has a few clear tells but I just love the unusual look of it.

Couple of the pics before I received it.

No problem! You can post them after you approve the QC images. I will have post my photos soon too as I believe it has been shipped!

Reactions: Meicmo84

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
These are some of my QCs, I went with the white gold version. Its coming to the UK as we speak!