• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW AIF HISTORIQUES AMERICAN 1921

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Feel free to ask any questions, I want to help as much as possible. If you are in the UK hmu if you want this model we can set up a sale, sadly this watch is not my style.

Great pics mate, cross looks a little shabby but the dial texture looks great! Do you have any idea what movement it is since you have it on hand?

Last edited:

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Feel free to ask any questions, I want to help as much as possible. If you are in the UK hmu if you want this model we can set up a sale, sadly this watch is not my style.
@David719 I know you no longer have this watch but you mentioned owning other VC watches. I have this 1921 on order and I am new to watches - how do you replace the strap? Sorry if this is ignorant. Before buying a rep I only used an Apple Watch. Thank you.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
@David719 I know you no longer have this watch but you mentioned owning other VC watches. I have this 1921 on order and I am new to watches - how do you replace the strap? Sorry if this is ignorant. Before buying a rep I only used an Apple Watch. Thank you.
Wassup buddy! For some straps from third companies there is quick release, you only have to pull a little hook to remove the strap. With factory straps you need a little strap removing tool, just google "spring bar strap removal tool".

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Wassup buddy! For some straps from third companies there is quick release, you only have to pull a little hook to remove the strap. With factory straps you need a little strap removing tool, just google "spring bar strap removal tool".

Thank you! Found a Bergeron tool from amazon and already ordered it. Thank you!

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
No problemo, theres more and more quick release straps now so that tool might not be useful in a few years, but for now its essential aha

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Hah True! I figure I will slowly accumulate tools and maybe learn more and more. Thank you again! I appreciate it. The rep watch world seems a little intimidating. I come from the rep handbag world *lol* so this I feel completely out of my element.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Hah True! I figure I will slowly accumulate tools and maybe learn more and more. Thank you again! I appreciate it. The rep watch world seems a little intimidating. I come from the rep handbag world *lol* so this I feel completely out of my element.
Nay its okay, theres friendly guys in this forum, also a lot of Karens full of themselves, so just sit tight ehehehehe

• Haha
Reactions: lovetheduns

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22

David719, I wanted these for ages=) are manual winding only ? is thickness the same as on gen ?​

FYI I have a replady friend who has the auth and to be accurate to auth it needs to be manual winding. The one I have on order (the same as what David had in my understanding is a manual wind)

funkyfella

Horology Curious
15/8/22
I don't mind manual winding at all... i got QC photos... and they look not so impressive at all, so i have a question - how many super clones right now is on market, from which factories ?
it's only AIF? only 1 option for 3 variants ? gold, white/blue, white/black? please share if you have something to add

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
I don't mind manual winding at all... i got QC photos... and they look not so impressive at all, so i have a question - how many super clones right now is on market, from which factories ?
it's only AIF? only 1 option for 3 variants ? gold, white/blue, white/black? please share if you have something to add

My understanding when I did the search was that there were VERY limited options. I could only find cheap shitter versions on AE or DHgate and the AIF - its not popular so there isn't a huge push for other factories to make.

Reactions: David719

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
My understanding when I did the search was that there were VERY limited options. I could only find cheap shitter versions on AE or DHgate and the AIF - its not popular so there isn't a huge push for other factories to make.
Basically yea, I think this is the best variant out there which is not so bad I feel, of course u cant pass it off as a gen like the 15703 for example. Sadly VC reps are a bit of a weak zone but 4500v is out there now!

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
Which is fine for me. With this one? I don't care about passing as auth - (honestly if anyone asked me about any of my stuff I do not hide the provenance). I just loved the face and the vintage looking numerals. I will actually end up replacing the strap with something appropriately girly *lol* I would love a blue or pink nice leather - of course everyone's goals are different.

David719

Known Member
2/8/21
Which is fine for me. With this one? I don't care about passing as auth - (honestly if anyone asked me about any of my stuff I do not hide the provenance). I just loved the face and the vintage looking numerals. I will actually end up replacing the strap with something appropriately girly *lol* I would love a blue or pink nice leather - of course everyone's goals are different.
Surely everyones goals are different, mine are to buy the rep and see if i will ever wear it, ie. does it suit my dressing style. If I never wear the rep or get sick of it, it avoids buyers remorse in buying the gen. It has happened on numerous occassions with blancpain 5000, omega aqua terra, panerai, and loads of other models i was sure i liked but when bought the rep im like hmmm i dont think i would wear this as much as the other. with some reps i ended up getting the gen like the vc 56, it rly depends what ur end goal is. the 1921 for one thing from AIF taught me i dont suit white gold and that i dont wear it enough because there is not as much dressy occasions as i think in my life at the moment ya know..

lovetheduns

Horology Curious
12/8/22
I did that with handbags. :) I have some that I am so glad I never bought auth - way too much money to find out - this is not my jam.

I do want the auth Rolex 36 Candy Pink OP. But I am willing to happily wait for it to not be as popular or until an AD calls me (Although I need to go put my name in). I received a 31mm OP in silver that showed me (purchased as a trial to see if I like 31 or if I want 36) from a reptime user - I like it a lot but if I am going to spend the money I want a larger size so hence why I am excited to get the rep 36 to confirm my wants.

I do have a couple of the quartz Cartier ballon bleu - and I love them, but wouldn't spend that for the real -

The 1921 I think will be a little too big and it does sing dressy - but that is why I am thinking of either a pink strap or a barenia strap to dress it down a little, but I may find its just not my deal. :)

funkyfella

Horology Curious
15/8/22
FYI I have a replady friend who has the auth and to be accurate to auth it needs to be manual winding. The one I have on order (the same as what David had in my understanding is a manual wind)
well... did i get you right ?
you have made an order for replica and you have a friend with a genuine 40mm watches ?
if so - well, i'd be really wanting to see them up-close to compare, is there any chances?)