• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Acquisition The Desert Eagle 1911 G

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
Thanks to covid it’s hard to show off this little beauty I picked up yesterday. My wife thinks it looks like most of my handguns and she is right. I have a lot of 1911s. This is the Magnum Research 1911 G series. It’s fully kitted out and less than a grand. I’m not nuts about rails on 1911s, but the sale was too good to pass up. So far I have added a mag well, and replaced the stock recoil spring with a Wilson Combat Flat Wire Recoil Spring, Guide rod and plug. The mags that came with it are garbage (But, I’m a snob with magazines) and they don’t fit since I added the magwell, but if they did I wouldn’t use them. All in all it’s a pretty piece. Trigger pull is less than 3lbs and it’s crisp. I am headed to the range to put a couple boxes through her. Let me know what you think

BenjiBrooks

Known Member
Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Colorado
Sorry before and after shots. Top pic is pre magwell and the bottom pic is with the magwell installed

IronTexan

Looking Around
19/3/19
Good looking pistol. I have heard these shoot very nicely for their price point