• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen strap AP diver v7

romeo7sanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/13
Hi everyone. I have a V7 diver coming in the next couple of weeks. There is a few questions I have. Is it worth buying a gen strap and does it fit perfectly to the case? And if it's not water resistant how do I make it waterproof?

Thank you all in advance and thank you for all the great threads in here. Really helped me a lot.

RS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpohl402

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/7/12
Although theyre better, Gen strap isnt really worth the quality vs. price increase (at least to me.) Rep straps are pretty damn good!
The main reason Id go gen is for a color... For instance, white for 18mm deployant (for Roo.) Not made in rep.

NO, a gen strap likely wont fit perfect on JF case. There will be slight gaps between the end links and where strap begins - hance a small amount of space/"open" area between case & strap.
Why do you want Gen? Need XS size? JF fac makes black rubber for Diver tang in XS. Want white? JF fac makes white rubber for Diver tang in Reg length (no XS however.) If the black strap the watch comes on suits you fine - just keep it ;)

PS you can take any rubber strap in water just fine - but not the watch! First have a local watchsmith grease and lube all seals/gaskets/Orings then test for water resistance. Simple process and youre good to go. Have fun!

romeo7sanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/8/13
Thank you very much. I ordered it with the regular rubber strap and that should fit fine since my wrist is pretty big. Hope my watch smith can make it waterproof :)

Apcheng

17/8/14
Although theyre better, Gen strap isnt really worth the quality vs. price increase (at least to me.) Rep straps are pretty damn good!
The main reason Id go gen is for a color... For instance, white for 18mm deployant (for Roo.) Not made in rep.

NO, a gen strap likely wont fit perfect on JF case. There will be slight gaps between the end links and where strap begins - hance a small amount of space/"open" area between case & strap.
Why do you want Gen? Need XS size? JF fac makes black rubber for Diver tang in XS. Want white? JF fac makes white rubber for Diver tang in Reg length (no XS however.) If the black strap the watch comes on suits you fine - just keep it ;)

PS you can take any rubber strap in water just fine - but not the watch! First have a local watchsmith grease and lube all seals/gaskets/Orings then test for water resistance. Simple process and youre good to go. Have fun!

Agreed with Pohl, Rep AP rubber straps are pretty top notch compared to something else, ie Hublot rep straps.

That being said, I've noticed a considerable difference between my Noob FC rep rubber strap vs my JV v7 rep rubber strap. The Noob strap is much softer in comparison.

umaxim

13/6/15
Which one you feel is more comfortable / look good?

Agreed with Pohl, Rep AP rubber straps are pretty top notch compared to something else, ie Hublot rep straps.

That being said, I've noticed a considerable difference between my Noob FC rep rubber strap vs my JV v7 rep rubber strap. The Noob strap is much softer in comparison.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The JF rubber is more than good enough IMO.

I've tried gen rubber on my watch and the fit isn't quite right - makes the whole watch look fake. Lol

Pamfanatic

Known Member
2/4/15
Which v7 case fits the gen strap snugly? I heard its the noob is it? They have better links and there's no gap, or very minimal gap between strap and case?

arniebol

7/10/15
Only have Gen Strap on FC Diver JF

2e96a18169d8300b2e006245b884fc59.jpg

9a1a5f1c123df185314cee00a1e25375.jpg

11cfbf2b0f509e394d3fb2beb169bbbb.jpg

Fits very well!!!

GeorgeJung

Known Member
12/8/15
USA
Thanks for the pic of Gen strap on JF FC. A few members stated there will be a large gap when using a Gen strap with the JF. Looks fine to me. Thanks! What size is that strap?

Only have Gen Strap on FC Diver JF

2e96a18169d8300b2e006245b884fc59.jpg

9a1a5f1c123df185314cee00a1e25375.jpg

11cfbf2b0f509e394d3fb2beb169bbbb.jpg

Fits very well!!!

kevin.123

Renowned Member
12/8/14
You can try getting straps made by modders in this forum, they have a bunch of awesome looking strap for different watch which takes the watch to a whole new level..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

arniebol

7/10/15
I will hopefully get my SS Diver the next days (JF V8) and ordered another gen strap for it.
Will post pictures, as soon as the watch and strap arrives!

arniebol

7/10/15
You can try getting straps made by modders in this forum, they have a bunch of awesome looking strap for different watch which takes the watch to a whole new level..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I also bought Straps from Hamilton for my AP and received them yesterday!
This is so far away from the Gen Strap, that it will be soon on M2M.

It's not even close.
The Quality of the Leather
How it fits to the lugs

GeorgeJung

Known Member
12/8/15
USA
Mounting my Gen Strap & Clasp to my Prof JF V7 tonight. Lets hope everything lines up as well as the above build!

mrmench

Known Member
11/12/15
I have worn both the gen and the rep, and there is next to none difference (the difference perhaps being mostly psychological). Gen diver really does not justify the price when the rep is as good!