• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer 8, 3 hand owners - a question…

Ro0adrunn3r

Known Member
12/2/21
Hi, hoping that someone has took the plunge on one of these? Been looking for a review and haven’t been able to find one. Can any confirm if the rep is any good?? Thanks!

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
If you think the watch is good, then buy the watch. If 10 members answer your question here, then you won't like the watch anymore, because everyone finds a different error that others don't see. Greetings rolex4me

Reactions: Gill777

Ro0adrunn3r

Known Member
12/2/21
If you think the watch is good, then buy the watch. If 10 members answer your question here, then you won't like the watch anymore, because everyone finds a different error that others don't see. Greetings rolex4me
Cheers, completely get you. But also have a number of other watches on my want list (unfortunately can’t get them all now) so was hoping for a bit more informed review to point me one way or another. At the moment I’m between this, another marloe, the Tudor 1926 (rep), another c ward or saving and going for a (used) bremont solo For a similar vibe.

Reactions: rolex4me

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Well I'm glad you asked about this watch :) . I believe it is ZF factory which is known to make great IWC's, Pelagos I think among others. I was super excited when they repped this and I got it immediately in 2018 without any other reviews. I love this watch. I've had many reps come and go and I can say with just about 100% certainty this one won't be leaving my collection. It's so wearable and thin. One of my favorites actually. It has that more coarse brushing and super crisp edging for excellent contrast between brushing and polishing. The finishing is excellent. The Anti Reflective coating is also very good and a deeper shade of blue vs GF's so more genlike and effective to me. I've never been a huge fan of GF's AR. Too light blue to me. It's effective but too noticeable. This ZF, the V7 on the Transocean and JF AR are a lot better in my opinion. As far as rep quality goes, this is up there with the best of them and for the price which is basically priced like reps 10 years ago, is fantastic.

I have more pictures of it on the forum somewhere. I know ThatWatchGuy had a blue one for sale within the past year or two so you can find pictures of the blue one and below are some of mine. I thought I had more but they are on another phone.

I would 100% recommend buying this watch. Quality is excellent and I personally just like this watch design.

6x0uY.jpg

6xSns.jpg

3IZeOX.jpg

3IZLjc.jpg

3IZ2vI.jpg

Last edited:

Ro0adrunn3r

Known Member
12/2/21
Well I'm glad you asked about this watch :) . I believe it is ZF factory which is known to make great IWC's, Pelagos I think among others. I was super excited when they repped this and I got it immediately in 2018 without any other reviews. I love this watch. I've had many reps come and go and I can say with just about 100% certainty this one won't be leaving my collection. It's so wearable and thin. One of my favorites actually. It has that more coarse brushing and super crisp edging for excellent contrast between brushing and polishing. The finishing is excellent. The Anti Reflective coating is also very good and a deeper shade of blue vs GF's so more genlike and effective to me. I've never been a huge fan of GF's AR. Too light blue to me. It's effective but too noticeable. This ZF, the V7 on the Transocean and JF AR are a lot better in my opinion. As far as rep quality goes, this is up there with the best of them and for the price which is basically priced like reps 10 years ago, is fantastic.

I have more pictures of it on the forum somewhere. I know ThatWatchGuy had a blue one for sale within the past year or two so you can find pictures of the blue one and below are some of mine. I thought I had more but they are on another phone.

I would 100% recommend buying this watch. Quality is excellent and I personally just like this watch design.

6x0uY.jpg

6xSns.jpg

3IZeOX.jpg

3IZLjc.jpg

3IZ2vI.jpg
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for! Looks great and as a side the sailcloth you’ve put it on really suits it.

Cheers!

Ro0adrunn3r

Known Member
12/2/21
Who is the factory? That is the most important item when buying a rep. There are always flaws. If this watch s from GF I would buy it. If the factory is unknown I would not buy the watch.
ZF according to intime, seems a good price too

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yes I had the ZF blue…not sure why I sold it.

As mentionEd quality was very good a solid rep

Reactions: Ro0adrunn3r

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Yes I had the ZF blue…not sure why I sold it.

As mentionEd quality was very good a solid rep
You take great pictures of your watches and definitely the best of the blue Navitimer 8. Outside, in the sun, in the shade, multiple angles. I'm in Ohio in the US so I get shitty rare sunlight. I enjoy looking at your watches in beautiful Australia. It's 28 with snow here (-2 C?) though the summer/winter opposites thing is very bizarre over there, lol.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
You take great pictures of your watches and definitely the best of the blue Navitimer 8. Outside, in the sun, in the shade, multiple angles. I'm in Ohio in the US so I get shitty rare sunlight. I enjoy looking at your watches in beautiful Australia. It's 28 with snow here (-2 C?) though the summer/winter opposites thing is very bizarre over there, lol.
Thanks for the kind words, I’m a sucker for a sunburst dial in nice lighting! Ha yes the seasons are funny when I look at the “show us your summer watches” thread and is cold here…and by cold I mean around 18C:ROFLMAO:

rufus7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/19
South Florida
I have the blue dial ZF and love it. The included strap is pretty hopeless and it's a 21mm lug width, but I was lucky enough to get a gen bracelet on clearance.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I have the blue dial ZF and love it. The included strap is pretty hopeless and it's a 21mm lug width, but I was lucky enough to get a gen bracelet on clearance.
That's awesome! I looked a while ago for a bracelet but gave up and just embraced the straps. I always thought about getting a gen and keeping the bracelet after owning both for a bit. I actually like the straps. They're thin, pliable and fit this watch aesthetically better than the newer straps. If you want to get rid of yours I'll take it. Where did you get the bracelet? Watch maxxxx?

Ro0adrunn3r

Known Member
12/2/21
I’m generally a bracelet guy but think these really suit the leather. I would probably get one made as I have rather fat wrists and struggle with the straps anyway!

Moonshiner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/18
I also really like the watch and was reading about the rep options but I recently realized how cheap the gen is sold 2nd hand. There are a lot of watches posted for around 2k and you can easily negotiate them down to like 1.6k maybe even 1.5k. At this point I would already consider going gen.