• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch services - www.watchmakerusa.com

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I don't believe Chinese people use "advanced" oils and i question if they use expensive epiliame at all... :)

Thanks for the insight ! I'll be experimenting more with this :)

I would agree on Chinese not using epilame. I tested a VS3235 pallet fork before and after epilame treatment. Before epilame it instantly sinks to the bottom of my one dip jar. After epilame it floats on the surface.

Reactions: Oascom

ActrisduX

26/12/21
Europe
Hello oascom, great job you are doing there, well done!

I wanted to ask you, on the last photos you have a watch with 177 amplitude, did you change the mainspring or not? thank you and congratulations again for the job.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Hello oascom, great job you are doing there, well done!

I wanted to ask you, on the last photos you have a watch with 177 amplitude, did you change the mainspring or not? thank you and congratulations again for the job.

Yes + service

ActrisduX

26/12/21
Europe
Always a pleasure to follow your post... you are a professional.

I have a quick question for you oascom, what do you use for oil? I use the moebius 9010 but each time I do a service, my amplitude is not correct, it is low and then, after 1 hour, it starts to rise...it's weird.

ActrisduX

26/12/21
Europe

I have a quick question for you oascom, what do you use for oil? I use the moebius 9010 but each time I do a service, my amplitude is not correct, it is low and then, after 1 hour, it starts to rise...it's weird.

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM

Each movement call for different oils, most popular are 9010, 1300, 9415 , 9504, D5 etc.