• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My VSF Carbotech stopped working

ElSpa

Horology Curious
31/8/16
My VSF Carbotech stopped working after 2 years. I like the watch a lot and it wasn't cheap at the time, I prefer not to discard it :).
What are my options ?
I bought it from puretime, their description about the movement:

MovementUpdated Custom designed Asian automatic movement to match the genuine Panerai P.9000 movement at 28800vph, same balance wheel position as genuine P.9000 movement.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
You should consult a local watchsmith. Its impossible to give you tipps without detailed informations about the reasons of the failure. If the movement has to be replaced that wont be a easy task, since the clone movements from VSF are very hard to get.

Reactions: KJ2020

Evox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/22
Was there a resolution to this problem? Did the OP get his watch fixed? If so, what was the problem?

ElSpa

Horology Curious
31/8/16
Was there a resolution to this problem? Did the OP get his watch fixed? If so, what was the problem?
Yes, I got it fixed. I took it to a watchsmith, he said that the watch probably took a hit or a shock. He restarted it and it seems ok.

Reactions: Evox