• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My perfect franken Patek 5711 Nautilus build

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
While I get the 'crown protrusion "flaw"' I'm a bit miffed to comprehend the 'bezel issue.' The claim is that it's too thick, but I'm grappling with where! Too thick when viewed to the side? (which is not what I think you all mean) Or is it too thick face on? If the latter, I struggle to see it!

For those that it jumps out, what do you see? Have done a few searches to no avail. Appreciate the input!

Lee
Start reading from this post:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
While I get the 'crown protrusion "flaw"' I'm a bit miffed to comprehend the 'bezel issue.' The claim is that it's too thick, but I'm grappling with where! Too thick when viewed to the side? (which is not what I think you all mean) Or is it too thick face on? If the latter, I struggle to see it!

For those that it jumps out, what do you see? Have done a few searches to no avail. Appreciate the input!

Lee
It is too wide when looking at it directly or face on as you put it. There are many side by side comparative pictures between the gen and some reps within this forum. You'll just have to search for them and see the differences between the bezels.

leebert

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
22/1/24
It is too wide when looking at it directly or face on as you put it. There are many side by side comparative pictures between the gen and some reps within this forum. You'll just have to search for them and see the differences between the bezels.
Thanks for the input.

I've looked all over the forum, but didn't find something helpful until Grillbrill was courteous enough to provide a useful link vs the standard 'do a search' stiff-arm.:rolleyes:

Net/net: I can't see a difference via online photos (which is kinda validated by Grill's analysis - and yes, I understand the lense focal length dynamic). The difference must pop in person, and on that score, I'd imagine the dial is a quicker give away (once the crown issue is addressed). I find all this so fascinating after decades of obsessive/wasteful gen collecting. Quality reps are a being unto themselves.

Lee

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Thanks for the input.

I've looked all over the forum, but didn't find something helpful until Grillbrill was courteous enough to provide a useful link vs the standard 'do a search' stiff-arm.:rolleyes:

Net/net: I can't see a difference via online photos (which is kinda validated by Grill's analysis - and yes, I understand the lense focal length dynamic). The difference must pop in person, and on that score, I'd imagine the dial is a quicker give away (once the crown issue is addressed). I find all this so fascinating after decades of obsessive/wasteful gen collecting. Quality reps are a being unto themselves.

Lee

I don't call gen collection wasteful. Imagine if you have collected a Nautilus 5711 just 10-15 years ago, you will not call this wasteful.

Both gen and rep have their places in my collection.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Lee
It’s to fat face on.

Reactions: leebert