• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

my PAM914 Luminor 44mm HWF review

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
forgive my typing. shift keys are not working.

so i picked this model up from li at jtime. and the service was fine. i bought it because i wanted a clear expression of the stark boldness of a Panerai watch and this one has a simple watch face. also i wanted a yellowed lume rather than the green looking one. not too much text on the watch face. and 44mm at least for my first pam.

in short it's a beautiful watch. it looks great on, and gets lots of comments from friends. it is not a super replica by any means, but close enough and great to wear. it keeps good time.

from reading i already knew that the sandwatch dial cut out numerals were thicker than the gen, and its true. i suspected the tan suede band was a slightly different colour than the gen, looking at the photos. and i think it is. it was also ridiculously stiff at first, but after working it for a while, it is fine now. the shade of tan actually really suits the watch. as for the movement, i don't think it is anything special, but it has a closed back, so there is no way to tell.

there was one weird thing that made me think i had to return it. when i tried to wind it up, the spring would spring back and i would lose some of the wind i just gave it. however, i discovered that i could wind it with the latch down and it doesn't spring back and winds just fine. i have never wound a gen, so i don't know if it is something to do with paneria, the rep model, or just my watch.

that being said. this is now my favourite watch. it looks so great on, is really bold and stylish and goes with everything. it has encouraged me to buy a fiddy. i almost bought one from alex, but alas after booking a trip to see family over Christmas, my funds dried up. maybe next year....

Reactions: KOT1917

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
This watch has just come on my radar, was a fan of the old style cases over the 1950s OEM movement cases, might need to look for one of these

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
This watch has just come on my radar, was a fan of the old style cases over the 1950s OEM movement cases, might need to look for one of these
And ordered one along with an OEM strap that the gen comes with just to nicely round it off :)

KidTiger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/23
HK
Do you really have to keep the crown lock engaged in order to wind it?

KidTiger

14/4/23
HK
I just got one yesterday, and I have to say; the numbers look fat and stupid in pictures, but in person they look totally fine. Unless I was comparing directly to a GEN, I would not notice how thick the numbers are.

And mine has the winding issue too, where it kind of snaps back after each wind. I don't think it actually loses any wind though.

It's not exactly the nicest winding experience with the crown guard lol.. I def would have preferred a Radiomir model, but nobody makes those fake Rolexes except Panerai, and they're expensive!

This is my first time dipping into REP and I am pretty impressed.

Reactions: Justin123

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
Yeah, this pam is a nice clean bold faced watch. I love wearing it. But it isn't a perfect copy by any means. Yes the winding issue. But the screw in springbars were tight and I ended up scratching the case changing bands. I recently had to get the crown fixed too.

If you get it, maybe be prepared to be careful changing bands and be careful winding. I'm a crazy artist and I'm probably just not careful enough. I should have just bought better screw in springbars.

KidTiger

14/4/23
HK
Adding this to your review, since it looks like HWF includes a rubber strap now

Unfortunately it's not very good

AliExpress strap is installed, HWF strap at the bottom. Note the extra wide cutout on the "C" (looks to be a common problem with HWF), and the length of the middle part of the strap with the logo (AliExpress one corresponds closer to gen, HWF version extends to the second hole). Textures and colour are a bit different too, but I'm not sure which one is closer to genuine, since every picture is going to look different. They feel about the same in terms of rubber and thickness.

HWF included a better buckle though, but it was on the leather strap.

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
I didn't mention in my review that it came with a rubber Panerai band. It did. But it's next to useless. Terrible to wear.

pkw2704

22/7/13
i too have purchased this watch and love it so much its making me think of getting the real one.looks so classy with the aged lume