• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CBR Being deployed- your messages here.

Renowned Member
30/3/09
CBR is being deployed in January 2010. Thats just a month away. I am not sure where he is going and I don't think that is any of our business.

Anyway since being here on this forum I have found CBR to be a top bloke. He has answered many questions and sold me some fabulous watches. He may not be everyones "cup of tea" but to many members he is a valuable part of this community. His knowledge, generosity, biting sarcasm, whit, sense of humour and avatars are "one of a kind".

Anyway I thought it would be nice to start a thread that he can just reflect on whilst he is away and help him get through the job he is doing.

From the other side of the world I wish him all the best whilst he is away and wish him a safe return. Take care mate.

PLEASE NOTE:- This is not the place to post any political statements. CBR is doing what HE feels he NEEDS to do to keep his kids safe. Whilst I respect everyones oppinion to be for/against war this is not what this post is about. It is about wishing a member of this forum a safe journey and swift return.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
CBR

1. We all gonna miss your avatar.
2. You are a damn good guy, be proud.
3. Take care and comeback soon in one piece (please).
4. Good luck.

This was a nice idea mate.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I don't really know CBR, but I assume that he is American or Australian, so in that case I wish you the best of British luck, and to keep your head down and eyes open.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hey mate, stay safe over there!

Col.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
if your in candi mate . i have put a pizza with your name on it ...........just tell the spotty ............ keep safe and dont trust those merlin's if you happens to be in one ................

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
I don't really know CBR, but I assume that he is American or Australian,

CBR is from the United States. :)

Okay, well, I'm obviously behind the times because I thought CBR had posted a thread a few months back whereby he had reverted back to civilian status for the first time in some eighteen or twenty years or such, so if they're starting to deploy civilians, I don't want to know about this.

However, knowing what I do about him, I wouldn't put it past him to decide that we're not fighting the war well enough and that he needs to get over there to set some folks straight (and he might not be wrong about that either).

Anyway, anyone who has dealt with him knows that he is patriotic, generous, committed, and fiercely loyal to his friends, his family, and his country. If I could choose someone to defend me and my freedoms, I'd want it to be him.

Good luck, T. We'll be thinking of you and praying for safe return.

PS: I'm sure that he'll also be generous to leave his avatar in place for those of us left behind. :)

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
Hey T,
I wish you the best. You are top notch in my book. Remember that I live very near your father so if he needs some help during the winter months just call me.
Thanks again for all of your help and support with this forum.
Kirk

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
CBR, first I'd like to thank you for what you do for our country. There is no more selfless act. I pray for your safety and quick return. God bless and God speed.

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
T,

You were one of the very few people who got me on my feet on this board. Always a good and loyal friend since I have been here, and I hope that I have been the same to you as well.

Good luck my friend, be safe, and return in one piece. If you ever need anything, you know how to get ahold of me.

-DJ

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
As a vet, I know what it is like to be deployed. Now as the uncle of a nephew that was recently deployed to Iraq I know how hard this is on a family. My best wishes to CBR on a safe return and my best wishes to his family.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Keep your head down and what where you step, CBR. Come home safe.