• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My head is still spinning

monopolymoney

Horology Curious
26/10/22
This was my first purchase on RWI and I cannot imagine it going any smoother than it did. Stan (@WackoBirdKeeper) was incredibly clear and thorough in his communication (likely helps that he is US-based and doesn't have to rely on translating his messages), easy to do business with, and delivered a product that was in perfect condition. I purchased the GMT Master II and spent some time comparing the version he sent against a genuine one and could find no differences - so impressed!

10-20-22: I send a DM to Stan for a specific model. Hours later I hear back with answers to my questions and images of the product. I immediately reply confirming I'd like to move forward. He sends me payment info, and I pay via zelle (way easier than some of the other payment methods TDs like to use).
10-21-22: He shares the tracking # and confirms it was shipped.
....Now, get this...
10-22-22: At 12 noon it's on my porch. Whaaaat.
He did say "this watch will get there so fast your head will spin"...and it's still spinning that I haven't had time to adjust the links and put it on. It's been a breeze and I look forward to buying all of my future pieces from him.

Stan, you are the man.

Full disclosure: I would have posted this review sooner but I've been dealing with some issues yet it's been on my mind to do so.

Reactions: P..DR..D

monopolymoney

Horology Curious
26/10/22
I'm so bad at taking pictures and have terrible lighting so apologies to all. I do need to figure out how to adjust the date on the watch 😂.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
For adjusting the date, it is done through the crown.

The crown has four positions.
Position one is the screwed down position. The crown should be screwed down when it is being worn. Note, you only need to snug the crown down. Do not over tighten it.
Position two is the hand wind position. Unscrew the crown, and you can hand wind the watch here. You should hear the watch winding as you do this.
Position three is for the date quick-set and for setting the GMT hand. Clockwise rotation should change the date. Counterclockwise rotation should move the GMT hand.
Position four is for setting the time.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

monopolymoney

Horology Curious
26/10/22
For adjusting the date, it is done through the crown.

The crown has four positions.
Position one is the screwed down position. The crown should be screwed down when it is being worn. Note, you only need to snug the crown down. Do not over tighten it.
Position two is the hand wind position. Unscrew the crown, and you can hand wind the watch here. You should hear the watch winding as you do this.
Position three is for the date quick-set and for setting the GMT hand. Clockwise rotation should change the date. Counterclockwise rotation should move the GMT hand.
Position four is for setting the time.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Thank you. I can't stop looking at the watch and admiring it!!