• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My First Rolex

JTT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
29/5/21
Thanks for the comparison - that's really close...

Reactions: Dillonk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Yes in part it's just like the submariner which has multiple nuanced differences over the years that are well documented.

Polov

Horology Curious
7/2/17
I congrat for you acquisition. Beautiful
I hesitate with this one too, for information what was the cost ? Brand new from AD ? Thank you

Dillonk

22/2/22
I congrat for you acquisition. Beautiful
I hesitate with this one too, for information what was the cost ? Brand new from AD ? Thank you
Thank you! I bought this used from a local Jeweler. Admittedly I may have paid a little too much, definitely at the very upper end of the market. Its a 2018 model and to be able to inspect it here and walk out of the store with it, It was worth it to me.

Last edited:

TDFBluWaffle

Supporter
Certified
11/9/18
Munich
Well I figured based on the date and the SELs, but looking at it the 216570 seems like a good contender for minor (relatively cheaper gen stuff) mods. (Sadly I tried the 42mm and combined with the white dial it looked huge on my punny wrists.)

But congrats on the gen! 😁

Reactions: Galenik

Coconuts

20/10/21
Thanks for the comparison. To be true and false, I also think that the major difference comes from the bracelet which is generally not of good quality. There is also the movement that never lasts long and the crowns that get damaged. However it is still impressive.

Galenik

22/7/21
EU
@Dillonk
Still a decent deal if you finally got what you were looking for, so congratulations on that, enjoy your new watch in good health :)

I agree with the previous posters: Now that you went so far it really deserves at least a gen date wheel.
Maybe you could vage the bracelet polished/edges rounded (if it’s hat what you noticed as big difference to gen).