• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first rep purchase journey with Fat Panda

Spelunker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/21
Hey there, i went with Fat Panda for my first rep purchase since he was heavily recommended.
I ordered a 16570 BP Polar with a AETA2836-2 Movement.

The communication was swift and pretty straightforward with nice guidance.
Payed with Transferwise, which is still processing.
Hopefully it will make its way safely to germany!
Will keep you updated when the upcoming steps are reached.

Spelunker

16/2/21
Transferwise payment processed successfully today at 10 a.m. GMT+1

Spelunker

16/2/21
Fat Panda confirmed the payment and started the ordering process from the factory now. Waiting for QC now

Spelunker

16/2/21
Really indepth videos revealed some little misalignments that could not be changed since they resulted in the construction process of BP. (Small rehaut misalignment,...)
the gmt hand that could be set individual, was set correctly which was confirmed in a second QC video today.
So far really nice customer service and reasonably fast response time.
The watch will be ready for shipping today.
Wish it luck????

Spelunker

16/2/21
The wrist size was adjusted and also proved with a picture. Tracking code was announced, still waiting for it.

Spelunker

16/2/21
Got my 4px tracking code today. Let's see if it makes it across the borders.

Spelunker

16/2/21

As you can see this beauty made its way to me! Thank you alot Tim for this great experience.
The watch was accordingly packaged and made its way through the eu customs by landing in Belgium.
Overall if you want the best QC & really fast and safe shipping, purchase with Fat Panda - Tim!

Best regards.

Reactions: Texas2Tenn

Spelunker

16/2/21
Sadly there seems to be a problem with my watch that occured while shipping. The red gmt hand seems to be fallen to the bottom of the handstack and is touching the dial and index hour markers while getting stuck on these.
I messaged Fat Panda about this and will keep you updated.

Reactions: Job CF

Spelunker

16/2/21
Fat Panda answered and sadly wont cover the costs of refitting the gmt hand. He advises me to go to a watchsmith to get this fixed.
Not gonna lie, purchasing my first rep for roughly 300€ and it comes not working and now i have to pay more money to get it fixed.

Fat Panda answered and sadly wont cover the costs of refitting the gmt hand. He advises me to go to a watchsmith to get this fixed.
Not gonna lie, purchasing my first rep for roughly 300€ and it comes not working and now i have to pay more money to get it fixed.

Have to say that must be a huge disapointment for you but it is fixable and depending on where you get it done it shouldn't be expensive. Have a lookon here for someone nearest to you that fixes Reps, get it sorted and enjoy what for me and many others, is a stunning watch.

Spelunker

16/2/21
I just received a very nice message from Fat Panda, that he will send me a replacement dial and will send some money back for the replacement of the dial by a watchsmith.
I guess i am lucky that it turned out to be getting taken care of by him as TD.
Also i am happy about the fact that i do not have to send the Watch back to china for a repair.

Spelunker

16/2/21
The replacement dial was sent via China EMS (ePacket) on the 31st of March. The dial wasnt exactly like the one which the watch shipped with. (The difference was the roman numerals in "Explorer 2", the replacement dial displayed the Roman Numerals without serifs as "sticks")

Spelunker

16/2/21
Today the replacement dial arrived in the Mail without any visual damage while shipping.

Spelunker

16/2/21
Almost final Update
- There was another misunderstanding on my side I guess, with the 50$ 'credit' I got promised towards labor cost of the watch repair. (getting the hands fixed and the dial replaced). I literally meant credit on a future purchase from Fat Panda and not 50$ as refund or something like that. Not sure if they will be ever used though...
- The watch is now with the watchmaker domi, known and recommend watchsmith from the forum here.
(I could adore the working watch for a single day until I had to hack the movement to prevent damage. Still waiting for the fixed watch since waiting for parts took forever. Will update whenever it comes back)

Conclusion:
As this was my first purchase of a rep I really have to say that this was a rather stressful and 'expensive' experience from the start and I really would have wished for better packaging material or more careful QC etc.. (He admitted that it was his fault and the settled GMT Hand was already noticable in the QC video..)
Final cost (including repair) of this BP 16570 with misaligned rehaut and a single day of usage: 413$ haha

well in the end I hope that I can just have a working watch back anytime soon.
Thanks for reading

Spelunker

16/2/21
Now about 2 1/2 months later i finally can say that this purchase process of the watch is over. I just received the watch from Domi in perfect condition and therefore recommend him as watchmaker!
Best regards

Bingo2110

Horology Curious
20/6/21
Just made my first purchase through fatpanda Omega Apollo 8 dark side of the moon will keep an update and pictures when it arrives ????????

Acballer

Looking Around
9/8/22
Recently placed an order but it's been a week with no response from Fat Panda. They communicated well during the payment process but after payment was made the communication went down. Haven't seen any QC photos/videos yet. Order was made on July 28, 2022. Anyone ran into the same issue? I will post an update later.

Job CF

4/12/23
Recently placed an order but it's been a week with no response from Fat Panda. They communicated well during the payment process but after payment was made the communication went down. Haven't seen any QC photos/videos yet. Order was made on July 28, 2022. Anyone ran into the same issue? I will post an update later.
so what happened since?