• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first attempt at lume.

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Is there a certain tool other than a flashlight that can charge the lume fully?

UV flashlight! Never mind.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
sunlight is the best.

But that only works in the day time, unless you are in Alaska, and then it only works in the summer :p

I use a 3 dollar UV flashlight i got on ebay, works great for charging the lume mixture before applying it, so i can get consistant coverage

egroegart

Respected Member
1/7/13
But that only works in the day time, unless you are in Alaska, and then it only works in the summer :p

I use a 3 dollar UV flashlight i got on ebay, works great for charging the lume mixture before applying it, so i can get consistant coverage

haha. yes, I didn't think about that.

GrapeJam

I'm Pretty Popular
8/12/14
This is awesome! I really want to get into reluming, waterproofing and movement servicing/regulating. Will save you a lot of time and money in the end (and could even make you some :D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
This is awesome! I really want to get into reluming, waterproofing and movement servicing/regulating. Will save you a lot of time and money in the end (and could even make you some :D)

You forgot the best part GJ, its also fun !

(well in between the hair-pulling-out it is )

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
I had a little accident with the black dial... The triangle didn't work out so great... Then the binder took some black paint off the dial.. So I made dots on a new dial! The noctilumina binder and pigment is a world of difference!!! Much easier to apply!!!!

Woops..... :(

Now I'm hooked!!! I want to lume F***ing everything!!!!!!! Haha damn!!! What a rush. Haha jk ;) but it is very satisfying.

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
More pics!

Black dial problem solved!! :) It has a nice Beer can finish to it now!

Hahahaha!

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
My first complete watch... Haha..

The color looks weird here but it's neon yellow.

With a buddy.

Legger

Renowned Member
Certified
8/1/11
You did a cracking job on the one on the right!!

Only joking, I don't know much about applying lume but looks like a decent effort to me.

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
You did a cracking job on the one on the right!!

Only joking, I don't know much about applying lume but looks like a decent effort to me.

Haha Noob factory did the lume on that.. Lol mine doesn't compare. :) Dont worry I don't know much either. I'm learning as I go.

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I had a little accident with the black dial... The triangle didn't work out so great... Then the binder took some black paint off the dial.. So I made dots on a new dial! The noctilumina binder and pigment is a world of difference!!! Much easier to apply!!!!

Woops..... :(

For future ref, they make a masking liquid which i have seen used on painted dials, to prevent such accidents, never used it myself , but i plan to someday.

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...a=X&ei=rlFzVarJB5KXyASV6YDYBA&ved=0CDMQ8wIwBQ

n8dagr8

Getting To Know The Place
10/4/15
Haha Noob factory did the lume on that.. Lol mine doesn't compare. :) Dont worry I don't know much either. I'm learning as I go.

At least your hands would match your dial markers. I wear that same watch every day and the grey dial markers is starting to be too much.

Keep up the good work. It's fun watching your progress!

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Keep forging ahead hitman...practice makes perfect.

And advice from Strodda is priceless...ever since Cwazy quit the lume biz there has been a void in the community that maybe you can one day fill...good luck!

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Keep forging ahead hitman...practice makes perfect.

And advice from Strodda is priceless...ever since Cwazy quit the lume biz there has been a void in the community that maybe you can one day fill...good luck!

Thanks, just doing the best I can and sharing when possible. I definitely wouldnt mind if someone could take on some lume, I prefer movement work now anyways.

Hitman:

Im not sure if you're using the ceramic bowl that NL sells, but I would suggest getting a bag of #9 small tattoo ink cups. Much less wasting during the mixing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-PCS-Tat...13-Medium-16-Large-Plastic-Cups-/261370539058

Also, if you dont already, my personal preference for pigment are the UF whenever possible. Once you've worked with both, the difference in results is night and day. The fine pigment will be a tiny bit brighter, but honestly, the finish of the UF is so far superior, it's worth that slight loss in glow. I've never used both at the same time, so i cant vouch for how much of a difference, but I do up the pigment ratio when using the UF stuff. Here are a couple pics of the standard fine pigment against the ultra fine.

Here are a couple fine pigment shots

K2AQcR.jpg

AkLEC5.jpg

ultra fine

JsYNff.jpg

llnto7.jpg

86pw.jpg

pb08.jpg

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Ohhhh the UF looks soooo much better and not grainy. I am going to try that! Thanks for your info sir. It is greatly appreciated. Maybe I can lume on your level one day. Haha I'm a super noob now. I do have NL ceramic bowl.

Thehitman

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
At least your hands would match your dial markers. I wear that same watch every day and the grey dial markers is starting to be too much.

Keep up the good work. It's fun watching your progress!

Lol!!!!!! That is very true.

WingNut

Brig Warden
Supporter
19/4/12
Thanks, just doing the best I can and sharing when possible. I definitely wouldnt mind if someone could take on some lume, I prefer movement work now anyways.

Strodda,

I thought I remember reading that you stopped doing lume awhile back also? No? If not I apologize.

Whitey