• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Big Pilot from Lucy (pics inside)

sp00ky

Getting To Know The Place
24/8/20
Hello everyone,

Lucy told me to write a short review, so here we go.

First of all, it was a long journey(6 Month) until I got the watch in my hands. It took us around half a year to figure out several problems. I try to make things short here.

My first order was for a ZF Top Gun. They factory told Lucy the watch is in stock and it wasn't and then the raid happened and we had to wait. After that time I changed my order to the Big Pilot because the Top Gun was still out of stock/production.

The delivery was quick and took exactly 2 weeks as Lucy predicted. Lucy cleaned the dial and it looks really good. The date dial is slightly left aligned for some dates (12-17?).

Here are two shots. Sorry I should have cleaned the watch before shooting but I don't have the time atm.

ZVbnQE.jpg
ZVb6fn.jpg

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
A piano keyboard is a very, very nice setting for a watch pic.

(Runs off to eBay…)

sp00ky

Getting To Know The Place
24/8/20
You could get away with a childs keyboard, no one on the interwebs will ever know!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
You could get away with a childs keyboard, no one on the interwebs will ever know!

Haha nice idea - and what I’ve ordered isn’t a million miles from that… I needed a new midi controller for making “music” in Propellerheads Reason*, so I’ve ordered an Akai Pro MPK225. It’s only got 25 keys, but they’re full-size, so the illusion of a piano will be possible. :)

*I used to do a lot of messing around creating sound effects and ambient music in Reason, but haven’t touched it for years. I’ve got a decent midi keyboard, but it’s buried under a ton of stuff in the loft so it was easier to just buy a new one. So, thanks sp00ky - your pics have inspired me to resume making music!

Apologies for hijacking your thread. Enjoy the IWC. :)

amocco

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/7/21
one of my favourite watchmaker IWC...love their Portugieser