• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My 3KF V2 5167

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Thought I'd share my recent purchase from Steve via THEONEWATCHES --- must say I've read a lot of speculation on here in regards to the 3KF 5167 v2 --- Some batches missing the "Swiss Made", poor bracelet, Date font, mismatch lume etc.... Since I have not come across many recent posts about it I thought I'd share & contribute...

My purchase was right before New Years, so I told Steve I need a newer batch with SWISS MADE, and I've also read that newer batches have a bolder font on the Datewheel --- I also checked to make sure the logo was properly centered during the QC Process in which it was, and lastly, all the posts about hands and digits not having the same lume, I received a watch with matching lume.

Upon receiving, the watch was SOLID, great crystal, very vibrant dial in different lighting, brown hues, deep back dial in certain lighting, and very nicely polished numerals. The brushing on the watch was great, mirror finishing on case was great as well. Time has been very consistent, better than some gens I own.

I was pleasantly satisfied with the noise the rotor makes, as I watched some videos I saw online of the 5167 Rotor sound, which is unlike any other watch I've had experience with, refer to this video :
--- the sound of my 3kf was near identical to this.

Take aways from the watch was indeed the strap... To me at least, the clear give away of an aftermarket/replica strap is that missing "ghost" endlink that seems to push through the rubber. The 3KF strap did not appear like that, but the strap was good quality, unfortunately that detail not being there kind of took away from the watch in my opinion. So I combed through eBay and found a Gen C09 Patek Strap, that was cut to the same sizing as the 3kF I just chopped and got it for a little under $400 --- well worth it if the end link OCD bothers you, rubber doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, just a little more "buttery". I did also purchase new push pins that I read would work better with the Gen strap via Amazon, and it did, flushed into the case nicely --- the 3kF push pins produced a tiny gap.

Now, being very happy with the watch, I still thought it could use one more upgrade, which is the Clasp. My stock 3kF clasp did not have a gap, though it seemed to line up a bit crooked, and the emblem on it didn't seem as "rich" as the gens I've seen, there is a foggy, brushed type logo that really pops against the mirror finish on the gen aquanaut --- so I purchased a ZF clasp for around $60usd shipped, I can share the link if anybody needs it.

Final thoughts, the watch is great, stays on my wrist daily, been over a month now and the time has been great, feels solid on the wrist and very comfortable.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Nice write up. Wear it in good health 🍻

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
I am about to pull the trigger either on an aquanaut or maybe a first timer RM...
So your post came in real handy....
I read so much and now I dont know with wich maker to go... 3kF or ZF?

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
I am about to pull the trigger either on an aquanaut or maybe a first timer RM...
So your post came in real handy....
I read so much and now I dont know with wich maker to go... 3kF or ZF?
Doubt you will be disappointed with the 3kF!

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
Doubt you will be disappointed with the 3kF!
guess so...just checked on jtime..there is a V2 superclone....just need to add a gen strap I guess....coz I ocd hard :D
and I would have to check for the clasp as well, if its ok...I d stay with it..if not, I d have to go with ZF too....

title is wrong, but its this one.... the 5 still looks weird to me on this picture....

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
I heard the ZF strap is just as good. You can source those on the same site I got my ZF clasp

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
guess so...just checked on jtime..there is a V2 superclone....just need to add a gen strap I guess....coz I ocd hard :D
and I would have to check for the clasp as well, if its ok...I d stay with it..if not, I d have to go with ZF too....

title is wrong, but its this one.... the 5 still looks weird to me on this picture....
ZF strap + ZF clasp from this site - https://www.buystrap.com/2021-patek...omposite-black-rubber-strap-size-is-21mm.html

beanie 236

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
Great looking piece. I’ll be pulling the trigger on one soon as well.

@Somethingknown I’d enjoy the link to the clasp link.

I know of a strap maker for what appears to be top quality rubber for the aquanaut in popular colors out of Spain.

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19

altesporsche

Patron
Certified
21/3/12
Nice one ! I got mine just before CNY and the dial font isn’t centred and it drives me insane ! I cannot wear it because it glares at me. Lol so I just ordered a new 3KF dial from my dealer to replace it. Otherwise the watch itself is incredible ! Looks like you lucked out with that dial it looks perfect!

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Nice one ! I got mine just before CNY and the dial font isn’t centred and it drives me insane ! I cannot wear it because it glares at me. Lol so I just ordered a new 3KF dial from my dealer to replace it. Otherwise the watch itself is incredible ! Looks like you lucked out with that dial it looks perfect!
Thank you! I def lucked out, my fav rep purchase thus far.

Reactions: altesporsche

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Thought I'd share my recent purchase from Steve via THEONEWATCHES --- must say I've read a lot of speculation on here in regards to the 3KF 5167 v2 --- Some batches missing the "Swiss Made", poor bracelet, Date font, mismatch lume etc.... Since I have not come across many recent posts about it I thought I'd share & contribute...

My purchase was right before New Years, so I told Steve I need a newer batch with SWISS MADE, and I've also read that newer batches have a bolder font on the Datewheel --- I also checked to make sure the logo was properly centered during the QC Process in which it was, and lastly, all the posts about hands and digits not having the same lume, I received a watch with matching lume.

Upon receiving, the watch was SOLID, great crystal, very vibrant dial in different lighting, brown hues, deep back dial in certain lighting, and very nicely polished numerals. The brushing on the watch was great, mirror finishing on case was great as well. Time has been very consistent, better than some gens I own.

I was pleasantly satisfied with the noise the rotor makes, as I watched some videos I saw online of the 5167 Rotor sound, which is unlike any other watch I've had experience with, refer to this video :
--- the sound of my 3kf was near identical to this.

Take aways from the watch was indeed the strap... To me at least, the clear give away of an aftermarket/replica strap is that missing "ghost" endlink that seems to push through the rubber. The 3KF strap did not appear like that, but the strap was good quality, unfortunately that detail not being there kind of took away from the watch in my opinion. So I combed through eBay and found a Gen C09 Patek Strap, that was cut to the same sizing as the 3kF I just chopped and got it for a little under $400 --- well worth it if the end link OCD bothers you, rubber doesn't seem like much of an upgrade, just a little more "buttery". I did also purchase new push pins that I read would work better with the Gen strap via Amazon, and it did, flushed into the case nicely --- the 3kF push pins produced a tiny gap.

Now, being very happy with the watch, I still thought it could use one more upgrade, which is the Clasp. My stock 3kF clasp did not have a gap, though it seemed to line up a bit crooked, and the emblem on it didn't seem as "rich" as the gens I've seen, there is a foggy, brushed type logo that really pops against the mirror finish on the gen aquanaut --- so I purchased a ZF clasp for around $60usd shipped, I can share the link if anybody needs it.

Final thoughts, the watch is great, stays on my wrist daily, been over a month now and the time has been great, feels solid on the wrist and very comfortable.

Could you share a link for the push pins? And did your order come with the pictured pouch?

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Appreciate your write up! I've been on the fence on this model for about a year based on QC's i've seen that have real hit or miss dials, lume, datewheel alignments, etc.

I really want one now!

Reactions: altesporsche

Somethingknown

Horology Curious
12/7/19
Could you share a link for the push pins? And did your order come with the pictured pouch?
Push Pins were " MMOBIEL Heavy duty spring bar 4 pack" (1.8mm x 20mm) for $5.99 --- And I purchased the Gen travel pouch on eBay

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’m having a really difficult time clicking the ZF strap and spring bars into the case. Makes me feel moronic. Anyone have any tips on how to do it?

beanie 236

6/8/19
I try to click the feet in first so they are set and then use my spring bar tool to work them in one at a time

yanacha

Supporter
Certified
21/12/23
France
BONJOUR as-tu une photo avec le nouveau bracelet ZF sur ta montre 3KF ?