• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most rugged for duty use?

Robocop322

Known Member
21/6/14
I have decided my next rep purchase will be a GMT as I now use a digital G-Shock set to the 24 hour format of military time on duty. After reading up here I discovered I can have an automatic movement with a dial that can always display one hand to the 24 hour time. I am ashamed to say I just figured out that this is what GMT watches actually do so please understand that I am still learning. That said I have found two Breitling Reps that l like that have the simple tool style that would perform well for my work usage.

One says it has an Asian 2836 Automatic Movement at 28800bph as the other says it has the Asian 2824-2 25J Automatic movement at 28800bph. I attempted searching here and found lots of technical terms that I really could not figure out. To put it simply I would like to know between these two movements which would be the most rugged or reliable. I am not trying to fool anyone so I do not care if the movement is decorated to look like the original as I just like the look of these two watches. There is only about a 20 dollar cost difference and as such I am curious as to the major differences if any.

Google kind of confused me as I found all kinds of specs on each however no direct comparisons. This will be a daily wear beater on duty so shock resistance , reliability, and most accurate within a 12 hour shift is what I am looking for. Thank you for any information.

On a side not I did not see a section here for two other movements inside two Omega Reps that I really like. One is the super replica omega 8906 as the other is the super replica omega 8500. I researched these and found that they are designed to look like genuine Omega movements however that matters none at all to me. Again I just really liked the "look" of these Omegas for wearing at work however did not find any of this style Omega reps with the 2824 nor 2836. Would either of the 8905 / 8500 perform better long term than the 2824 / 2836 ? Thank you again and holy smoke it looks like I have so much to learn....so much more to this hobby than I imagined.