• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Most Accurate Vacheron Rep atm?

TheReplicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
I wanted to get an Overseas, but saw that there at least 3 easy to tell signs. And the new XF is just a catastrophe.

What's the most accurately cloned Vacheron rep model at the moment? Is any Vacheron even close to being a super rep?

frenchtoastmafia

Horology Curious
28/6/22
I wanted to get an Overseas, but saw that there at least 3 easy to tell signs. And the new XF is just a catastrophe.

What's the most accurately cloned Vacheron rep model at the moment? Is any Vacheron even close to being a super rep?
I saw the ZF Overseas rep (Blue dial, Steel bracelet, A5500) in-person, then went to a VC boutique this past weekend to compare. Sadly the boutique didn’t have the exact model for apples to apples comparison, but I got to see another overseas in rose gold (it’s immaculate, as you might’ve guessed). What I know for sure is the ZF Overseas looks VERY good in-person; the movement finishing is very well executed.

The only thing I noticed was the brushing of the steel below the polished Maltese cross bezel is different than the gen. On the gen, the brushing is much finer than the case brushing. On the ZF, both look the same (despite the direction being correct). Otherwise, again based solely on looking at/holding both watches, the case shape is very well done and weight felt substantial. Wish I could add quantitative data to support this, but that’s the best I have. I added some photos I took of the ZF. Hope this helps a bit!

Reactions: TheReplicator

frenchtoastmafia

Horology Curious
28/6/22
Did you also check out the black dial?
Do you think the black dial could be more accurate?
I only saw the blue dial, but I would also like to see the black dial. If I come across it I’ll make a post but don’t see that happening anytime soon.

tony667

Horology Curious
14/9/22

Although it's one of the Trinity along with PP and AP, in my opinion the fan base (for gen or rep) of VC is comparatively so much smaller that it's simply not financially viable for rep factories to ever come out with NWBIG, not to mention super rep.

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12

There's not really one IMO. Without a clone movement these days, you can't even describe it as "accurate", much less a super rep.

Reactions: TheReplicator