• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

MoonSwatch Replicas?

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hey fellas!

So, seeing that it’s still impossible to get a MoonSwatch still after many months after the release and with Christmas coming I am considering looking into a rep of this.

My main concern is that I have seen a few and the quality is really subpar. I mean, not that the genuine is a A. Lange Sohne or anything, lol. But I would expect some decent sharp angles given that it’s just a plastic mold.

So, does anyone know of a decent quality of MoonSwatch replicas? Are all coming from the same factory? Are there different levels? How do you tell one from the other?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Bro, Don't follow the hype! I have read such negative things about them (genuine). Everything I've read indicates the genuine article is subpar, from the dye leaching on to the wears skin, to the cheap plastic case that they've labeled " bioceramic".

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I know they’re subpar, yes. Adrian (ex-Bark&Jack) had internet of the pushers fall off in two days from buying it. I mean, they’re crap, but as a €50 toy I don’t mind.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
*internet = one of the

(Don’t know how to edit with the new forum, lol)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Trusty time has a few listed, but they are $148 for the replica. I'd have to look around and find the article. I remember reading on one of the forms someone had gotten one or two of the replicas.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Gosh, that rep is really bad. It’s either getting an overpriced toy or a really shitty toy…

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Does someone know which Movement is inside of these reps?

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
The gen is worht about 50 bucks.

Rep- just get one of Ali for 20 bucks. All reps habe the same quartz movement, where one subdial is wroung beeing a 24h index

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
So I got one from DhGate for $26.00, the Mission on Earth. Overall it was a pretty decent, crisp replication, but - the subdials were brushed silver, not off white like the gen. Why? A dead giveaway.

Must say the watch is supremely comfortable to wear, so light compared to the ridiculously heavy reps I've been wearing all these years. Fun watch actually. Chronos work, battery replaceable.

My advice, if you're going to get one, don't get the Earth one, but I understand some of the other ones are pretty good - DhGate dealer of choice is watch_77.

DC69

Patron
31/12/20

Seriously, the Gen feels like a 30€ crapy watch, the kind of thing you get for free when you buy a TV or after collecting supermarket stamps or something like that. With that starting point, I really think there are no "bad reps". Anything over 50€ for the gen is absolute madness, and anything more expensive than a DHGate cheap rep is equally as crazy.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I totally agree actually. I am quite reluctant to pay more than 50€ for that watch, so I've ordered one on the Gate. Let the lottery begin!

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I was in Malaysia the other day and saw a few "fake" Moonswatches in colours such as pink, blue and grey.. But the thing is it didn't have the Omega logo so it isn't exactly a fake or replica I guess. It had a generic looking logo and name, can't remember what it was now but one glance at them and you would have thought it's the moonswatch.. Lol

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
A $25 fake of a $250 GEN watch? That reminds me of fake Noob fakes that were circulating a while ago. This hobby is amazing!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Well, not even half as bad as I was expecting for a $35 watch. Although I would have felt a bit disappointed if I spent €250 on the real McCoy.

Nevertheless, it’s a fun good looking watch that will be great to wear this upcoming Christmas Season :)

Reactions: Therion666