• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mont Blanc Magnetic Mini-Review

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
My first replica pen. Apparently, I’ll buy a replica of just about anything.

I chose a Montblanc magnetic cap from M88Pen on DHGate. I’ve never owned a real or replica Montblanc, so I cannot compare to the genuine article, but for $22 USD shipped, I am very impressed with the quality and it writes very smoothly. I like the modern styling of this particular model very much. I think a more classic model would be nice to have as well, like the JFK or 159. See how quickly I can descend down the rabbit hole???

I chose the roller ball variation for ease of use. I love the look of the fountain pens, but I wanted something simple upon my first foray into the replica pen world. I will probably try to replace the cartridge with a genuine MB refill when this one runs out. Given that I use a pen about 4 times a month, it could be quite a while before the follow-up review.

The magnetic cap works fine. The polarity does a decent job of aligning it to the white star side of the pen. It does NOT fit over the end of the pen while you are writing, something I didn’t know until I watched a review of the genuine MB. Research smr-esearch. The magnets seem finicky on the genuine pen, so well done replica makers in recreating the finicky-ness accurately.

The seller was fine, no issues at all. Shipping took quite about three weeks, so not terrible given the price point.

Overall, very satisfied and am now looking for excuses to write on things.

zTXsyv.jpg

zTXwE8.jpg

zTXkrR.jpg

zTXMHK.jpg

Last edited:

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Update:

The gen Montblanc capless refill will fit this pen. It’s slightly recessed from the rep refill, but is a huge improvement (at least for mine) over the rep ink and rollerball.

Blurry golden retriever bonus.

zsAaZv.jpg