• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 9015 quick date stopped working

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I have a XF Tudor Pelagos with Miyota 9015. I was setting the time and when I was changing the date on the quick set the crown just started to spin freely and didnt move the date. Now the date will change once over if the watch stopped moving. But after that just spin or sometimes just spin. The date does change if you just move the hour hand 24h and when the watch is set everything works fine. Is there something that I should look at or just buy a new movement and get it replaced. Thinking if I can do it my self because its a simple movement swap as I see it. I have the basic tools but never done it.

Cloudsnew1

Known Member
16/7/21
Canada
I don't understand replica watches. I have a 20 year old automatic Seiko with a date that has never been serviced and keeps fine time. It cost me $75 back then and has never cost me anything more.

I don't understand why reps are so unreliable.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Where I live there are not many watchsmiths who will service reps. Shipping is also getting expensive. Out of necessity I have learned to swap a whole movement.
A 9015 is probably $80-$100.
A service is about $125-$200 plus shipping.
I say, learn to swap out with a new movement yourself.
The worst that can happen is you have to send to a tech to fix or buy another Pelagos (with a 2824 next time)
You need a loupe, decent screwdrivers (red,black), cheap manual hands pushers, rubber ball for the caseback. Cheap dial protector or thin plastic.
I found some great hands pullers off of AliExpress lately that mimics the $100 ones.

Just go for it, best case scenario is you get it back together and appreciate the watch twice as much because you put some of your own sweat into it.

Before you know it you will be hooked like me and swapping gen dials into all your reps.

Edit- I guess I didn’t answer the question, You probably need to remove the movement to take a closer look, so why not buy a new miyota, take the Pelagos apart, play with the broken movement and you will have a spare to swap in if it is still acting up.

Last edited:
Reactions: EuroTime25

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Where I live there are not many watchsmiths who will service reps. Shipping is also getting expensive. Out of necessity I have learned to swap a whole movement.
A 9015 is probably $80-$100.
A service is about $125-$200 plus shipping.
I say, learn to swap out with a new movement yourself.
The worst that can happen is you have to send to a tech to fix or buy another Pelagos (with a 2824 next time)
You need a loupe, decent screwdrivers (red,black), cheap manual hands pushers, rubber ball for the caseback. Cheap dial protector or thin plastic.
I found some great hands pullers off of AliExpress lately that mimics the $100 ones.

Just go for it, best case scenario is you get it back together and appreciate the watch twice as much because you put some of your own sweat into it.

Before you know it you will be hooked like me and swapping gen dials into all your reps.

thats what I was thinking. I have most of those parts. I just need bravery to remove the hands as I did do it once with no special tools but it was a invicta i replaced the second needle with a fake breitling bentley one. Somehow it fit.

This was my first highend rep I bought and I didnt know anything about movements. Most of my watches now have a 2824 so I can swap it out for ETA. But this was my 1st love, its not perfect but I love it its a V5.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Worst thing is you might scratch the dial or bend or muck up the hands.
Also get some rodico, to hold the hands while pressing them on.
It should be a pretty straight forward swap, way easier than a chrono movement.
Good loupe, dial protector. no problem. It’s fun.

Reactions: EuroTime25