• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Miyota 8215 working like a manual

Timewalker79

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/16
Bought a AT 007 rep with the Miyota. I fully wind it and the power reserve is pretty good, but the watch can stop even while I'm wearing it. I have no stutter on it and it's kind of a PITA to resend it to my TD and wait since shipping to China from Canada with tracking is at least 50 to 60 USD... If I wind it, it works perfectly. I read the miyota was pretty noisy, but it's even hard to hear the ticking if I compare to a A7750... What are my options ? Tks !

Simple fix or might be more than that ?

Timewalker79

16/5/16
It's the rotor that usually is noisy. Does it spin? Maybe it needs to be tightened?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

It spins but really less than the one on my A7750. i have to turn the watch. If I shake it I hear a little metal clinking wich I presume is the Noisy rotor Miyota trademark. The rotor is shaped like a spiral right or I'm in the left field eating grass with the cows ?

Omega-Seamaster-Aqua-Terra-James-Bond-LE-2015-1.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Unfortunately with a unidirectional wind rotor, this is an issue that can occur. The rotor only winds in one direction like the 7750. If you wind if fully and wear it will it stay charged or die after a day or so?

Timewalker79

16/5/16
It dies... I realised it while I was wearing it and it stopped more than once on my wrist in the middle of the second day. The power reserve is good with a full wind but wearing it does not change anything on the power reserve. It works like a manual watch...

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personally, I would not send in back to China, I'd contact a watchsmith here in North America as it's most likely a problem with the autowind bridge. Since the movement is highly decorated, it would be preferable to repair the existing movement vs swapping in a new one. Do you hear it winding if it is shaken, or does the rotor only free spin? It should free spin in one direction and engage the auto wind in the other and make a ratecheting sound.