• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mirotime- First time purchase

dk2852

2/2/22
Hi all,

I was browsing reddit today and saw Mirotime was offering a $40 off coupon, naturally I had to take advantage and order the Clean Factory GMT Master Pepsi I've had my eye on for about a year. Ordering process was quick, I placed order through the site and chose to pay through Paypal. About 4 hours later I received a Whatsapp message giving me directions for payment. There was a brief verification process of sharing my profile on Reddit and RWI, this is only for Paypal purchase as they also take Wise and crypto.
Shipping was $40 as well, so I bought the GMT Master for $548 shipped. I will keep this thread updated as I get QC, and through the entire process.

Coupon code is FTB40 if anyone else wants to use it.

dk2852

2/2/22
As promised, QC pics were received after 3 days. Only one photo of the watch, but 3 videos. This included a detailed video where I could see bracelet, rehaut, dial, etc., a lume video, and a timegrapher video.
Everything looked okay to me, the bezel alignment is off but that is typical with CF GMT Masters, so I went ahead and GL. Now waiting for shipping tracking number!

dk2852

2/2/22
Just got an e-mail telling me the watch has shipped! Looks like they are using EMS China post.

dk2852

2/2/22
Forget to mention he included a pic of the watch with the shipping label, so I know the watch he is sending me is the same one from the QC.

dk2852

2/2/22
Watch arrived today. Unfortunately I cannot recommend Miro. The watch has serious misprinting on the dial, and Miro was completely useless as far as resolving the problem. I honestly believe he is reselling rejected watches, and only including one QC pic in the hopes that the buyer won't see the issues.

Needless to say there is a reason Miro is not a TD on this site. I have filed a dispute with Paypal, and will never be ordering from him again. Lesson learned, do NOT order from non-TD.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Watch arrived today. Unfortunately I cannot recommend Miro. The watch has serious misprinting on the dial, and Miro was completely useless as far as resolving the problem. I honestly believe he is reselling rejected watches, and only including one QC pic in the hopes that the buyer won't see the issues.

Needless to say there is a reason Miro is not a TD on this site. I have filed a dispute with Paypal, and will never be ordering from him again. Lesson learned, do NOT order from non-TD.
Is it the "Made" in "Swiss Made?"

Reactions: j21

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
What is the serious misprint in the dial?

The fact that a dealer would sell that watch at full price without pointing out the defect tells you why he's a reddit dealer, and why he'll never be an RWI Trusted Dealer.

gmt.jpg

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
I also don't recommend using those guys including this one (from my experience) stick with TD's for better and safer experience.

As for coupon nonsense, he was offering free shipping before. Now he adds $40 shipping but gives $40 discount coupon. Funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk2852 and P..DR..D

MikeMike!

Horology Curious
9/9/22
I am just now getting into the RWI forums but have been on Reddit for quite some time and bought a few from their TD’s. Never did buy from Miro though

dk2852

2/2/22
I did notice that but didn't know if it was just me seeing things or not.
Exactly, I saw it, but it looked like a shadow in the photo and was not visible in the videos. The rehaut alignment is also off. I absolutely agree that a TD would not have sent that watch in the first place. I have ordered from Trusty and Puretime, never had any issues.

My guess is Miro keeps RL watches and then tries to pass them off to other buyers, his procedure of sending a single QC photo is concerning. Fortunately I have a replacement dial, but it is rather dissapointing on a watch that I was looking forward to for a long time.

MikeMike!

Horology Curious
9/9/22
Exactly, I saw it, but it looked like a shadow in the photo and was not visible in the videos. The rehaut alignment is also off. I absolutely agree that a TD would not have sent that watch in the first place. I have ordered from Trusty and Puretime, never had any issues.

My guess is Miro keeps RL watches and then tries to pass them off to other buyers, his procedure of sending a single QC photo is concerning. Fortunately I have a replacement dial, but it is rather dissapointing on a watch that I was looking forward to for a long time.
Man I’m sorry to hear that! Did he offer any sort of discount or anything for that? I e wanted a Pepsi for a little while and could possibly take it off your hands if needed

dk2852

2/2/22
Man I’m sorry to hear that! Did he offer any sort of discount or anything for that? I e wanted a Pepsi for a little while and could possibly take it off your hands if needed
No he did not, and I asked for was some discount to buy a new dial and his response was basically "well, you GL the watch."

I'll hang onto it for now as I can replace the dial, and the movement is running quite well. This is the gamble we take when buying from non-TD.