• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minuteman update did I tell ya about our hands?

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
I know we are shocked but our supplier says our hour, and minute hands are "complex". Which means we have to pay so much more for molds my head is going to explode. We are actually working to hammer them down now but the cost is higher than the cost for the tooling for the case! ack

1002452_390913247679985_1494801836_n.jpg

The issue they say is the 4 pockets on each hand which will hold lume. Also the window on the minute which holds no lume.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
I feel your pain, Thomas. I know these mold prices sooo well...

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Hell, if you're going with custom hands, might as well go all the way! :) Throw something fancy on it like Breitling...

Chronomat_B01_Dial_1500.png

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
They seem a bit pedestrian. I think you can do more with less...

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Would any of you be able to post a render of our watch with the sort of hands you have in mind?

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
On second thought, I like the two lumed areas on either side of the hand pivot. I would paint them instead of lume so they don't complicate the dial at night but still add something to the daytime look. May be too too much trouble though.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
We decided after speaking with the 50 people that have already ordered watches to stick with our original design.

When it came to arranging production of our watch hands. We suddenly were informed that our hand design was complex and the charge was going to be about 10X what we were told oringinally.

We have been able to find a more reasonable manufacturer and from what we are seeing. It appears that the quality of their work is better as well. =)

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
Glad you worked it out. Yes, now would be a bad time to change the watch design that's already been advertised/sold.

Thomas Carey

Known Member
6/3/13
Glad you worked it out. Yes, now would be a bad time to change the watch design that's already been advertised/sold.

That really is the conclusion we came up with. But when we have a chance to make something better along the way. We really do strongly consider the idea. =) The change of our caseback design and the additional layers of lume we are adding are some examples.