• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's Glashütte Original SeaQ 39.5mm

Alandavison

Horology Curious
31/12/23
Just received my green from Li at JTime..very pleased with watch

As to sizing the bracelet, I didn’t feel like screwing around with it. A local watch shop did it for $20…no mention of it being a replica. It’s a small shop and I don’t think they ever saw a GO. They figured out the bracelet. I sent them a few links to help. While I know “how to” do it, I don’t think I have the eyesight or dexterity to actually do it. Color wise, it’s sort of an olive green. I’ve never seen a gen in person to compare but this is very nice.

In other news, a Rolex OP that I purchased before finding this board and its TD section crapped out shortly after purchase. The seller was kind enough to send me a new movement. I need someone to swap the movements. My shop suggested looking for a more knowledgeable repair person but if I can’t, they’ll give it a try.

This whole rep thing has been a great experience; especially after I started using the TDs

JTime did a great job with this.

romito_21

5/5/19
i ordered the green one with Puretime 2 weeks ago…
hoping to receive qc after chinese new year.
very excited

already ordered 2 nato straps to pair it with so it should be great!
if anyone has experience with wearing it on nato please post some pics :)

fra44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/23
already ordered 2 nato straps to pair it with so it should be great!
if anyone has experience with wearing it on nato please post some pics :)
Not really experienced with this, as I'm still waiting for my QC, but I've wore the Seiko SPB143 which has the same skin diver case shape and even the same dimensions and it turned out pretty great imo! With that being said, the Seiko isn't as glossy and shiny as the SeaQ, but I don't think this will matter too much.

Also, I tried on a gen SeaQ at the Glashutte AD and it was on the oem canvas strap and it looked great. I think A nato will be very similar

Reactions: romito_21

romito_21

5/5/19
Not really experienced with this, as I'm still waiting for my QC, but I've wore the Seiko SPB143 which has the same skin diver case shape and even the same dimensions and it turned out pretty great imo! With that being said, the Seiko isn't as glossy and shiny as the SeaQ, but I don't think this will matter too much.

Also, I tried on a gen SeaQ at the Glashutte AD and it was on the oem canvas strap and it looked great. I think A nato will be very similar
stoked to hear!
i was told i’d get qc pics in 2 weeks but due to chinese new year now that’s being pushed out which is annoying but im sure this will be worth the wait

Alandavison

Horology Curious
31/12/23
“Also, I tried on a gen SeaQ at the Glashutte AD and it was on the oem canvas strap and it looked great. I think A nato will be very similar”

just ordered this from Barton BranDs…..I’ve bought from them before and been happy

romito_21

5/5/19
can someone post some irl pics of their green dial seaq?
i wanna see more user photos!

Alandavison

Horology Curious
31/12/23
These pics are an accurate look at the color.

as you can see, the color changes with the indoor vs sunlight pics.

i would describe this as close to the British Racing Green that automakers use or a light green olive

it is NOT the bright green that Rolex uses in their green dialed watches. If you want that, you’ll likely be disappointed

I would describe it as “understated.”

hope this helps

fra44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/23
Really can't decide if I prefer the blue one or the green one.

I tried on the blue one at the AD and I must say it's very shiny and the sunburst is very strong, which gave me mixed feelings considering it's supposed to be a sporty watch. But also would be a summer watch for me, which makes the blue more appropriate than green.

Green wasn't available at AD, I'm afraid it's too bright and not really a fan of grainy matte dials. I'll try to see it in person, maybe it'll change my idea.

Black would be the best tbh, if only they fixed the applied numbers and indices

ZEIT.GEIST

Chief Exasperate Officer
Supporter
Certified
25/10/23
Germany
Just ordered the black version a couple of weeks ago from Steve (theonewatches), since it‘s the only colour I haven‘t seen before on this model. I‘m super curious to see it in real life. Unfortunately, it wasn‘t available before CNY, so it will be a couple more weeks of waiting (and we all know how long it can feel when you‘re waiting on a rep to arrive :ROFLMAO: )

It might even be a catch and release for me, because my watchbox is overflowing left and right, but I definitely want to hold it in my hands and enjoy it by just looking at it up close for a bit.

As someone already wrote, Glashütte is totally underrated and especially this rep should be of superb quality. Perfect for someone who is looking for something different than the „bread and butter“ reps.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Alandavison

Horology Curious
31/12/23
I have this strap on the way

the bracelet is really nice..has a microadjustment that gives you about 1/4 inch of adjustment without using a tool..press on the GG on the clasp. I’ve never seen a gen but I understand this is on the gen. Nice attention to detail that the rep has this nice feature.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Anyone know if RXF also offers this with an A2824 for a lower price?

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
i believe they do…
sw200 is worth it though

Always had good look with A2824, and they accept ETA parts if need repair. I just hope the rest of the watch is identical quality. If so, I'll go A2824.