• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Review of RXF's Glashütte Original SeaQ 39.5mm

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
This is a pretty rare watch to see, and I know JTime had a separate thread on gen vs rep (RWI is missing those photos unfortunately). Hence I decided to showcase my quick thoughts on the quality and initial reaction to this quality watch. Please enjoy this brief phototastic review. More than words, the photos will do the talking.

Overall perspective

The RXF SeaQ (Q for quality) in blue is very difficult to photograph. The curved/domed sapphire is very spot on and makes it tricky to capture the multitude of hues that appear. Needless to say it is very impressive and absolutely gorgeous on first glance.

Internals

The watch houses an SW-100 confirmed, with a bi-partition housing, similar to a DSSD or Omega Ultra Deep. The middle bit locks in at a specific orientation, and the outer ring seals this in. The gasket is a sneaky fellow that slips into a groove right at the bottom of the inner seal. The SW-100 is very reliable but loud. Some HP 1300 to the bearings does the trick.

Externals

The watch dial, hands, datewheel, lume, red band on crown, coin edge knurling, IWC style link swap, caseback and overall aesthetics are showcased. Holding words short, this is a VERY quality watch. The bezel clicks feel solid yet premium. The detent was solid and didn't have the usual rep looseness.

Final verdict

I would give this watch a solid 8.5/10 for being an undercover, gorgeous and reliable clone of a brand that is underappreciated and not given enough love. I don't see links for this anymore on Puretime or Trustytime, so the only way would be to directly ask a TD for an RXF GH 39.5mm. I hope more folks get to try these watches as I got the opportunity to.

Huge thanks to RWI family here for the chance to keep posting and adding to the amazing library of information here.

RWI ROCKS!

- KGC

germansubmarine

Supporter
Certified
21/4/21
Germany
Thanks for your time Kenny and thanks for the photos. Quality photographing does this quality watch justice! Was thinking about ordering one for some time now. How do you think is the tone of blue color executed compared to the gen?

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
Thanks for your time Kenny and thanks for the photos. Quality photographing does this quality watch justice! Was thinking about ordering one for some time now. How do you think is the tone of blue color executed compared to the gen?
I think the gen looks just a little darker, but blue is an incredibly difficult color to match perfectly. There's enough hues that you can pull it off neatly. Definitely NWBIG.

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
The SW-100 is very reliable but loud. Some HP 1300 to the bearings does the trick.

You should replace the rotor as it is not really functional and noisy. See my post HERE

The bezel clicks feel solid yet premium.
Some drops of spirit between bezel and glas and then rotating the bezel will
work wonders.

Well after a week of waiting for QC my dealer told me that he can't get it. Waiting for the refund and then I'll go straight to JTime
Sad to hear that, dude! Maybe you can get case, dial and hands only, for the reasons well discussed elsewhere ;)

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I really like this rep - one of the best I've had (and there have been a lot). I'm thinking of adding the green to my blue one

Reactions: andybilsy

Statist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
I really like this rep - one of the best I've had (and there have been a lot). I'm thinking of adding the green to my blue one
OMG, that's exacly what I thought an hour ago...are we addicted?! o_O

Reactions: Parto