• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Minh Quy vs Ruby Pricing

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Did some searching around and couldn't find a thread directly on this topic.

Minh Quy's pricing has really gone through the roof in the past year or so I've noticed, I am curious just how much.

I've tried ordering a 4-line 6542 GMT dial and they quoted 1100 euros.
A standard non-gilt dial is 550 euros.

By contrast a gilt dial from Ruby is $325. Yet she does not get 6542 things in any longer.

I am curious if others have had similar experiences and have any insight to why this pricing is so much higher than anything else.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
I think it’s because MQ’s main market is gen Rolex collector and restoration professionals, while Ruby caters to rep builders and modders. If Ruby doesn’t have 6542 dials, send a pm to kuared_watch on eBay or Instagram and he might be able to help.

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
hey majwilliams0308

I ordered from pretty much all sources that existed and even someones that are gone, NTD, Ingod, DW, Tonyw, MQ, Ruby, Nadine, Kev, Kuar, Nguyen, mochacha, rich88, ccc00, Ostrich and yes they have been rising prices since forever
not so long ago subs matte dials used to be $120 and Daytonas $230-450 but they have gone nuts TBH they quoted me too 1100€ for a daytona dial and 550€ for a true gilt i guess we need to start to ask ebay sellers to find reasonable sources of parts, i have a few dials in stock ordered when prices were not that high, pm me i may have the one you want with the old price tag

Reactions: majwilliams0308

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
Certainly (though very expensive) Minh has the best first choice on the dials

Reactions: d4v3

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
MQ is also a PITA to deal with. Unreliable and expensive too. Ruby or Phong are much better in that respect.

I won't discuss on prices, as you are right MQ is in general overpriced.... BUT... he is offering a superior quality compared to Ruby...
On the reliability I have to desagree...
I bought a MQ dial some years ago, got problem with one lume plot a year or so later.
I wrote him, he took it back and relumed it....

I think this is a good service....

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
If anybody knows where I could get, for a fair price, blank dials with gen specs date window (dimensions / position / chamfers) ... no matter where the dial feet are as I can remove them and place new ones ... I would be happy to try to print negative-gilt GMT dials ...

UrFasionista

Known Member
13/10/21
The Earth
I ordered a dial from Minh Quy for my rolex 5508 sub. The Dial he sent me is the wrong size, has the wrong feet, and is overall just wrong. I asked for a refund, he said no and he will send me the correct dial. I don't want his replacement dial as the first one he sent me is garbage and I don't want to go through this again.

I would not recommend MQ for any reason. Garbage dial, even worse customer service.

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
I heard that several years ago there was a legendary supplier of the best of the best, something in the lines of dark lord…. Anyone has his contact information ? I would be interested in a very period specific top notch 1675 gilt chapter dial…

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
I heard that several years ago there was a legendary supplier of the best of the best, something in the lines of dark lord…. Anyone has his contact information ? I would be interested in a very period specific top notch 1675 gilt chapter dial…

I believe he only accepts work by referral, plus you’ll need to source your own gen dial as a base for him to refinish/work on, from what I’ve read and heard.

Fastman119

10/1/19
Sadly - also had a pretty frustrating experience ordering from MQ. Old 1675 dial just came out wrong, pretty sloppy lines. His QC pictures were really hard to check against.