• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean Commotion

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
By-Tor said:
CISO1969 said:
So what makes one watch worth $90 - 100 more from one dealer to the next--if it is the same watch?

Nothing. The first thing to do in rep game is to learn to identify the different rep models. There's no such thing as "Eddie's Sub" or "Joshua's PO". There are just different reps from different factories. Most of the new dealers get the exact same new models.

I think the old saying "First choose your dealer, then choose your watch" is plain idiotic. I'm willing to pay some extra for non-dropshipping dealers but $100 is just ridiculous.

Any useful tips how to identify " dropshipping dealers"?

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Why does every one have the same watch but Silix? What makes his different, it looks the same in the pics, right down to the serial # on the back.

On the swiss asian movement note: I have a few watches from silix with the swiss eta, I opened them to confim this, the movement have all the stampming and marks, however another recent thread come mind:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtop ... t=eta+copy

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
The Omegalogo on Silix' PO looks way bigger than on the ultimate, if I remember correctly. Dunno 'bout the hands...

(200th post... cool! :D )

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
So what is the "Bracelet" problem? Is it just the clasp as per earlier versions?

digitalgulby

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/07
Well some of you may find this interesting. I ordered a 45mm PO (asia copy eta) from trusty that showed up not working, he is sending me a new one to replace it.

Regardless of being advised NOT to take my rep into an Omega dealer, I did, and this is what happened.

The dealer put it under the microscope, and they couldn't tell it apart from the real one. They used a 42mm one they had in stock for comparison.

The story I told them was that I bought it on eBay "without box or warranty" for a "significant discount." They advised I return it for a refund.

I won't be taking a rep into a authorized dealer again, but it was cool to see that the licensed retailer initially said that I should be filling out a warranty repair form from them! :shock:

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
CISO1969 said:
So what is the "Bracelet" problem? Is it just the clasp as per earlier versions?

i've heard it more to be a tight pin issue? but i think with any good link removal tool, it shouldn't be a problem?

@digital: i've heard stories of people's reps accidently being sent in for repair at the AD and never seen from again :p

luc

Horology Curious
23/12/06
i admit that its not worth 100USD but i think the main reason for the price difference is simply customer service. You know that if pretty much anything goes wrong with your transaction with Josh or Andrew they will do everything within their ability to solve it.

Trevor has done a fine job setting himself up as a reputable dealer but there is still this innate desire to go with the tried and tested method of trusty et all.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
luc said:
Trevor has done a fine job setting himself up as a reputable dealer but there is still this innate desire to go with the tried and tested method of trusty et all.

Hard to go wrong with Andrew & Trusty.

I'm waiting on my UPO from Trevor, price fit the budget at this time and...been wanting one for a while. :lol:

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Sorry some of the dealers here are great but none have customer services that dictates a $100 premium on 1 watch, period.

luke

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/07
Like people said, "Value" is a very subjective thing. It seems that Andrew and Josh have established themselves as having a version of the Ultimate PO that is truly superior, and thus people will pay the difference if they want "the best"...

I just got a PO Ultimate from Andrew and it is indeed superb. Great deal for the money. I have so far been purchasing Asian mvmt watches in the 90-130$ range, and I can see what the rave is about the Swiss mvmt watches between 200-300$. The PO I got is much better constructed, the operation of the crown (winding, changing the date or time) is much more smooth and overall it feels much closer to a gen.

By the way, Andrew was out of stock on his Ultimate PO Lite (asian mvmt) last week, and that's why I upgraded to the swiss one. He was going to get some more next week, but if you really want this watch you might as well secure it now. It's really that good! :)

L

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
It seems that Andrew and Josh have established themselves as having a version of the Ultimate PO that is truly superior, and thus people will pay the difference if they want "the best"...

Luke, as By -Tor has pointed out, as well as the dealers themselves, these all come from the same factory. There is no such thing as "Josh's version" ,"Brand 9's version", "Trevor's version", or "Andrew's version" as they all come from same source.

Only known exception is from Silix.

Now if somone can source me a "closed factory SMP" for a decent price, I'll be a happy man!

CISO

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I'm coming out with my own version of these reps.

I will order from any of the dealers noted above, wear them for several months and sell them as U-PO or SMP "distressed look" and sell them for a premium. :wink: