• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

explosion surprise!

dillonjay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/10
So there were a couple threads about this phenomenon about three years back so i thought i'd set up a new one and stir up some new perspectives on the subject.

img01060201101042303.jpg

:cry:

So just wondering who might be the best person to help me out? Need a new dome and need it pressed for me too.

Any opinions?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Ouch! What's the story about how that happened, or how you found it that way? :(

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
I organised a crystal through the dealer I bought the watch from and had it pressed and sealed by my watchsmith when it happened to my Carrera...

Is this the one from Timshops.net?

When I saw that thread and read through it, it seemed to me that they misunderstood the complaint.... Like, they thought you were complaining that the crystal was broken on arrival - but I read it that the crystal fell out after some time... They didn't come to the party?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I organised a crystal through the dealer I bought the watch from and had it pressed and sealed by my watchsmith when it happened to my Carrera...

Is this the one from Timshops.net?

When I saw that thread and read through it, it seemed to me that they misunderstood the complaint.... Like, they thought you were complaining that the crystal was broken on arrival - but I read it that the crystal fell out after some time... They didn't come to the party?
I'm pretty sure this is a different watch and a different member. Timeshop did finally step up and is sending the other guy a NEW WATCH because Mark says the case on that watch will ONLY accept the crystal made by the manufacturer, and that the factory won't work with them and sell them just the crystal. Crazy, huh?
Hopefully dillonjay will have better luck sourcing the part he needs.

dillonjay

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/10
Yeah, got this one from T4D, he's trying to find a crystal from the factory for a replacement but hes said its been next to impossible to get them. I figured i'd be proactive and get the ball rolling. Yeah any suggestions on who might be able to source one, in the past Davidson seemed to be the guy. i'll send him a pm and see whats up. any others????

And i was just sitting down watching some TV and POP!. messed up. i did just fly home for x-mas with it, but took it on a couple of flights in november and nothing. who knows maybe the pressure started building up then.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Sounds like it might be a good idea to loosen the crown if flying to allow for changes in air pressure. Makes sense to me, particularly if it's a large diameter watch with a decent sized domed crystal.