• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Maybe not Marvellous

Garmbalm

Horology Curious
1/7/22
Totally disappointed. I receive an email that marvelous had some watches available that I have been waiting for. He asked me to contact him on WhatsApp. He told me the price in USD with shipping for two watches and I was happy to pay that amount for the pieces. He let me know I had to use a specific payment system that I downloaded and then gave me the Yen amount to pay him. The app had an exchange rate built in and the yen amount was very different than the agreed price. When I mentioned the difference in price from the agreement, he lost it and began to insult me and tell me to find someone else if I didn’t want to buy them. I told him I was willing to pay the agreed amount and he continued yo insult me. I probably would have paid the extra to get the watches in the long run but after the way he acted, I would not trust the transaction or that I would get quality watches.

• Wow
Reactions: Marceau

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Are you 100% sure it's the legit MR you've been communicating with?

What details have you been using?

Garmbalm

Horology Curious
1/7/22
I am concerned it was not the genuine Marvellous. I contacted him via email months ago and just received an email around the same time he posted some new watches available. I assumed it was the right contact. [email protected]

Garmbalm

Horology Curious
1/7/22
I feel like it was a misunderstanding on my part initially and it got out of hand quickly. That’s when I thought it might not be the the real marvellous. I saw a lot of good reviews of smooth transactions. That’s why I titled it maybe not marvelous also. I know there are a lot of cheats out there that pretend to be legitimate dealers.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

Garmbalm

Horology Curious
1/7/22
I was posting to find out if it was the real Marvelous or if I was dealing with a scammer. I didn’t want to throw away almost $400. And like I said, it might’ve been my misunderstanding initially and I hold no grudges, I just didn’t wanna continue to try and make a deal if it wasn’t the real dealer. I have no doubts, from what I’ve read on the forum, that marvelous is a good dealer and if I was dealing with the real article, If it wasn’t a good article, I thought it would be important to let others know as well. I am new to this game online. I have bought watches in person while overseas but that was face-to-face and I could see what I was getting. Here I have to trust what others say about the transactions and make sure I am dealing with the right person.

Garmbalm

Horology Curious
1/7/22
Totally disappointed. I receive an email that marvelous had some watches available that I have been waiting for. He asked me to contact him on WhatsApp. He told me the price in USD with shipping for two watches and I was happy to pay that amount for the pieces. He let me know I had to use a specific payment system that I downloaded and then gave me the Yen amount to pay him. The app had an exchange rate built in and the yen amount was very different than the agreed price. When I mentioned the difference in price from the agreement, he lost it and began to insult me and tell me to find someone else if I didn’t want to buy them. I told him I was willing to pay the agreed amount and he continued yo insult me. I probably would have paid the extra to get the watches in the long run but after the way he acted, I would not trust the transaction or that I would get quality watches.
Update-I got a great watch from the real Marvellous! He was great to work with!