• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Master Geographic - Miyota 9015 - loud rotor?

HopjackSlim

Horology Curious
7/12/21
Very nice to see these might be available. Trying to decide between a JLC or Lange.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Gen has a little pop of red on some of the subdials and an inner edge around the edge of dial

Some do and some dont. Lots of variations in the gen as well.

Reactions: rockdaytona

Brammm

Supporter
Certified
14/9/15
The strap is like a rep strep should be... not good at all ;-)
In the meantime I have my Jacob strap... A big difference without breaking the bank.

Reactions: rockdaytona

Brammm

Supporter
Certified
14/9/15
The biggest tell is the date hand. In this rep this hand 'covers' the number.
The hand from the Gen stops just at the beginning of the number. Nevertheless... it doesn't bother me at all.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I just received mine. Very happy with this rep. Great finishing and the silver dial is beautiful.
Obviously the second time zone doesn’t function as per Gen and I’m not even sure it can be independently adjusted to at least manually set it to a different time zone ? Power reserve indicator works perfectly and no rotor noise on my example. Yes the date hand is longer than gen but it’s a small “tell” as it’s not obvious from a regular spectator viewing distance. It’s a smaller watch than I’m used to wearing ( 39mm ) but it’s very comfortable and the leather rep strap isn’t too bad. ( bit stiff and plasticky looking but it may yet break in a bit so we’ll see how it fares in a couple of months time )

Winding is smooth and the 10 o clock time zone crown has a nice click for each city change…. Albeit only for show as it doesn’t activate the second time zone subdial when using it.

The clasp…. Probably the biggest issue here. It’s stiff and not easy to operate so I hope it gets a bit looser over time. As it stands right now it’s a PITA to operate.

Overall this is a very nice rep from ZF .

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Also just checked with my DSII and this rep has a saphire sandwich. Good value considering many reps just stick with a saphire top and mineral display case back.